Walking without a stick

Thanks Bobbi but I have now found I can actually climb to the top of the stairs and down again! Don’t do it unless someone else is about but yay - I’ve climbed Mount Everest!!

3 Likes

I’m returning yet again, an ancient guy taking another look at an ancient thread.

It is a few weeks short of the anniversary of that day when I left home in an ambulance as a stroke began to clobber me.

So much has happened. The story continues. In past weeks much greater mobility in my arm and hand has slowly been developing.

I am hopeful and want others to know that there is a future.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:
:heart:

2 Likes

I’m interested to hear how your hand and arm are coming into use

Maybe we could compare notes to mutual advantage?

This would be a time to say… .
Onwards and upwards
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t pretend to be a therapist or teacher and have no secret to pass on.

I can say with certainty that repair and healing are an ongoing process with no real end as far as my experience has lead me to believe.

I do think there are options, one of which is to simply stop, rest and accept that enough progress has been made.

This rest break can be very valuable and after a while the desire to advance drives one on a little further.

All I can really say is . . .

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

but know when enough is enough.
:heart:

2 Likes

@Bobbi great to hear that your arm & hand have acquired greater mobility. I think all the baking might be helping :grin: but be careful if it works too well Hilary will be getting you to do all the chores :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, I was up early this cold morning putting the makings of porage together to soak in the pan.
We are eating it now prepared slowly by stirring over a low light. It takes a while but like many things in life it is far better when given plenty of time.

I wish I could get back to how I was but I’m hoping time will slowly do its magic.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Hope you enjoyed your porage :grinning:

1 Like

@Mrs5K

Porage and this weather are made for each other.

Sets up a warm tum for the day.

:hotsprings:

2 Likes