Vertigo/Dizzy

Update on my earlier post on dizzyness after nigh on 8 months. Some of the dizzyness went after the GP reduced one of my blood pressure tablets, Amlodopine from 10mg to 5mg a few months ago. When I get up about 7:00 I feel fine and take tablets at 9:00 by about 10:30 ish I start to feel a bit dizzy if walking about and my stroke leg goes heavy. Usually if I push on carefully the dizzyness goes by about 14:00 ish and also leg heavyness being replaced with feeling tired. By evening its all wore off and feeling 'normal' (or as good as it gets). These issues have improved over time and I guess for all of us time will help heal.

I have found it better to take blood pressure tablets at night. I was experiencing the same as yoursel with thr dizziness and balance so read on an NHS website that taking BP tablets at Night prevents strokes. Hope this helps it works for me!  Reorita

My name is Norma I am learning to use the computer so this is very difficult  I had a stroke  3 yrs ago which left me with a very funny feeling in my  head from the time I get up till I go to bed I also have double vision my head is like it is twisted inside and it affects my balance I cant look up and down that makes it worse if anybody can  give me some advice I would be very grateful

you are lucky that your dizzeness goes in the afternoon mine isnt dizzeness as such but a very strange feeling in my head all the time which affects everything I do  looking up and down makes it worse also I have got double vision  I get very frustrated as I cant do much  luckily I have got a very good husband who has to do most of my work  I  can do the lunch etc  and before the stroke I did keep fit  Yoga  danced  and that can to an end overnight  thanks for replying  all the best  Norma 81 yrs young .

Hello Judy I have got the same feeling in my head and at last somebody has the same mine feels as though my head has been twisted inside all day long . When it is at its worse it feels there is something in my head behind my eyes. I also have double vision  I have had this for 2 years now  and I cant describe it to anybody . They dont understand how horrible it is. I truly sympathise with you .  With very best wishes  Norma  

Hello dear Norma. I am sorry that you suffer with symptoms the same. I am always afraid of falling after having had 4 strokes 10 months ago. I have found that a quad stick gives more security. I have also lost some sight in left eye and have double vision. Keep safe love judy. X

I have had a giddy and very strange feeling in my head for about 3 yrs I have been to the doctor numerous times begging him to help me but no joy. I just have to cope with it . You say turning your head makes it worse mine is like that  also tipping it back and looking down is not nice.  My husband has to pick things up that I drop on the floor. Sorry I cannot come up with a magic cure  Norma 

I have suffered with vertigo since the 80's and used to take Stemetil prior to stroke but GP won't let me have it now as it interferes too much with the brain - that's his excuse anyway!  I flew in Feb and have suffered with it till recently. Like you, when I put my head back or looking up. I've been taking Yum & Yay flax seed since Jan which I sprinkled on my cereal on a morning. Just out of curiosity, I googled if too much zinc can cause dizziness - there is a lot of zinc in Yum & Yay.  It said it did so I stopped. I haven't been dizzy since!  I also found cheese made it really bad and they reckon chocolate does affect it too.  

Hello Norma. Have you received any of my posts. Love judy?‍♀️

Hello Judy I hear you keep pets I think animals make all the difference I only have 3 granddogs. I used to have a cockatiel he used to whistle roll out the barrel I taught it to him I felt so proud when he first whistled it. I feed birds our garden is full of them . Glad we have something in common. All the best Norma.

Hello Norma. Glad to hear from you. I have 3 cats. 2 large tortoises. 3 budgies and I feed badgers and foxes and birds. I have a pair of tame seagulls. Enough to give me exercise. Where did you stroke Norma. I lost a lot of my balance and walking is hard work. I have lost some of my sight ln my left eye. Like you l have double vision. This is when I am tired.i lost my typing and texting after my 4 strokes that is slowly coming back. That proves the brain repairs. How are you getting on with your computer. I am in Hastings by the sea. I miss being able to walk on the beach. Take care and write soon. Love judyx

I forgot my pond fish. Xx

Me again Norma I have just found posts from you that I didn't get in my inbox. They tell me a lot about you. My head always feels as if it has a pressure ln it. I told my consultant. He just made notes. Do you have tinnitus. Mine is awful. Do you get headaches. I do but not every day take care my friend. Love judyx

Hello Jane. Tnank you for your help. Perhaps the warmth from the hat helps I feel it soothing when you place your hands either side of your head and gently apply pressure. Take care love judyx