TENS machine

A ‘trick’ Amy at saebo told me was before you put the electrodes away just put a few drops of water on them .

Also I bought some new electrodes from this seller on amzn
Axion Pack of 16 Electrodes. Square Self-Adhesive Pads 5x5cm for TENS EMS Units with 2mm Connection

very much cheaper then anywhere ‘medical’ and perfectly serviceable

1 Like

Morning I have just been in n touch with the physiotherapists at St Luke’s and they said that they have only heard of people useing tens machines to manage pain problems and not heard of people useing them to stop pins and needle problems so now I don’t know of anyone else to ask and am a bit of a quandary wheather to use it or not any advice would be appreciated Thankyou

2 Likes

Is it just TENS or a combined device with EMS functionality too?
‘…TENS and EMS units use electrical currents. TENS devices may treat pain , while EMS devices may stimulate and strengthen your muscles…’

Either way, from what I’ve experienced of using both, it’s going to get your muscles twitching. And it’s not going to harm you try it, it might be just enough to disrupt the pins and needles the same way it does for pain.

Start off on the lowest setting you can feel and build it up from there. Start off for say 15/20 mins, see how you feel, maybe take a break for an hour then try it again.

Hi Loraine, how was the op for you, did they just numb the area to do it. I know I’ve got carpel in my left hand, nothing to do with my stroke. But I’ve been putting off doing anything about as I’ve had several ops in recent years, so trying to avoid epidurals for a while to give the spine a break :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi thanks everyone for the advice I am going to get in touch with gp and see what they say will keep all posted Thankyou all

Thank you Loraine, that’s good to know…wonder if I would be able to watch :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :laughing: No, that shouldn’t be a good enough reason to have it done yet :laughing:

It’s just the left hand for me but it doesn’t bother me on the whole, I can live and sleep with it…as much of a nuisance as it can be at times. Especially when I need that thumb for feeling and for fiddly things, that’s when I miss it most :laughing: or when it’s cold :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But I think I’ll put it off for another year yet, I’m good where I’m at in my recovery so I don’t want to add anything more to it just yet. Just picturing myself not being able to use half the gym equipment for a couple months has me hesitating alone :grimacing: :rofl:

1 Like