Stroke at 32

Ho yes I get major pressure in my one ear feels like you are under water and water is in your ears. I also feel like my head is fulli find taking a warm shower helps and doing some hand eye exercises clears my head a little kinda wakes  the brain up or something it’s all so strange .

What you are experiencing isn't unusual, only fair to worry. Your stroke team should be able to put you in touch with a neuro psychologist, talk to your GP about your feelings, and close friends and family can help, they might not understand what you are feeling, or why, you can explain.

My recovery arrested three months post stroke, I' not suggesting you will experience the same. 

Returning to work,you need support, again the stroke team should be able to help. It's a bit of a marathon recovering from a stroke, not a sprint, one step at a time. Give yourself permission to to feel a bit off. Every recovery has its own path.

Good luck and best wishes

Ian

I had a stroke a week ago caused by irregular heart beat. I woke up and couldn't move my arm. My arm and hand are weak but is usable, only ring finger and little finger not working. I do feel incredibly lucky but I am so anxious and scared of it happening again. I can't sleep but so exhausted. Trying so hard to relax but just not able to, I guess I will get over this episode but so emotional which I assume is the shock. 

Dear Val

Emotionality is part and parcel of the effects that most of us suffer. It does ease. Everything about stroke recovery is slow, but things do get better.

Your brain does not like having a stroke. So instinct kicks in and tells you to be afraid of another stroke. This fear will ease.

You need sleep and rest. If you cant sleep then rest. Drink plenty of water. Smile a lot. Be positive.

I find relaxation techniques work. I go to a monthly relaxation group, which helps me a lot. But in the meantime, will your GP refer you for relaxation counselling ? Or will you pay for it yourself.

The SA leaflets are very good. Do read them. 

Best wishes

Colin

Thank you Colin, I am going to speak to my GP.