Spasticity

Mb: hey thanks for the heads-up. That may be my problem also, because I can do fast reps with resistance bands no problem. So velocity is not the factor. I’m going to mention this to my neurologist.
All the best to you.

1 Like

The remaining hint of spasticity in my right arm about a week ago. The remnant I had left there was like an old elastic band that had lost its elasticity.

And it’s a hard one for me describe how or why it’s just gone as I’ve been mainly been concentrating on the little pain in my right leg and foot drop. But it was like a silent click in my head, just switched it off, no sound to the click no twinge, just a silent click; but I knew it had happened, made aware, just don’t ask me how 'cause the brains a mystery.

I haven’t mentioned it 'til now as I wasn’t sure it might come back the next day or a couple of days later even. But it’s been over a week new and it hasn’t reappeared yet.

My fingers still tend to go rigid when using the computer keyboard so I can certainly understand your frustrations with it for playing the piano :confounded:
At the same time it doesn’t me using them I can even still hand sew with them…just not as invisibly as I used to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What I do wonder is was it the slipped disc I had just before it, that could have caused to right itself. I partially slipped it again days ago :roll_eyes: so I recon something is going on the right itself, straighten out the spine, whatever. I haven’t slipped a disc in over 30yrs.

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes sorry I missed this one. I’m sure my cervical radiculopathy intensifies my spasticity.

2 Likes

Hello iam new here 2yrs in to stroke recovery hemmorragic stroke rigth temporalblobe this question for survivors in 6yrs range and that have recovered from post stroke spasticity was recovery gradual what where some of recovery signs ss you progressed?

1 Like

@Flashtron just popping by to say hi & welcome to the forum. I don’t have any advice re spasticity but I’m sure others will be along to offer their experiences soon.

Happy new year to you. Hope it’s a good one.

1 Like

Thank youmrs 5k happy new year!

2 Likes

Hi @Flashtron
Interesting screen name you picked! :slight_smile: What’s derivation of that?

And welcome although sorry you have had caused to join us .

Most of the discussion about spasticity on here is how we are suffering it and the move profession don’t know how to do with it apart from Botox injections and they seem to be a double-edged sword .

Using the magnifying glass and the top right hand corner probably is the best way to unearth the discussions that have been had about it - there are plenty of posts that discuss it

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Lol i used to work in a flash drive company it was my email password at the time

2 Likes

MS sufferers in Wales are being prescribed Sativex for spasticity. I’d be interested to know how effective this is and whether it could be extended for use by stroke survivors with spasticity. There seems to be this ever-existing dread of prescribing cannabinoids, whilst having no qualms in prescribing nasties like Gabapentin and Tizanidine.

2 Likes

Hi @MinnieB
Yeah it’s strange isn’t it! I believe it has something to do with British colonialism in India - there was a debate about opium and cannabis in like 1820 and they got tarred with the same brush as it were .

Sativex contains Delta 9 THC - that’s the component that is normally objected to - as its the psychically active component of cannabis. CBD gummies etc don’t normally/ automatically contain d9thc

2 Likes

Theres been a clinical trial for post stroke spasticity in italy with no significant risk on blood pressure for stroke survivors it concluded it was safe . So maybe that’s enough proof to approve a stroke indication. The stude name is sativex stroke

2 Likes

Thanks for the ref :slight_smile:
From it I found the study…

1 Like

No problem anytime chums

1 Like

Not to mention their low efficacy on decreasing spasticity. And prominent negative neurological side effects they completely outweigh what littlebenifit they produce

2 Likes