Progress

Hi aj so glad you’ve posted. This forum is a great source of comfort for me sharing wx people who knows how it all feels. I’m really interested in your walk aid where did you buy it from and what exactly is it? Love to know . Keep up the great work regards suzywong

2 Likes

Hi Suzywong

Thanks for your good wishes.

Walkaide 2 is a FES - functional electric stimulation device that improves walking, take a look at the video in the link. It has changed and helped my walking enormously. I bought mine direct from XFT - the Chinese manufacturer- via their website, it was half the price that some UK based distributors are charging.

Hope this helps and good luck if you invest in one, can’t recommend it more highly.
AJ

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll take a look . Best wishes Suzywong

Your humour will go a long way towards your recovery. Best wishes

1 Like

Hi @AJS2023
Just popped by to say welcome - although I see you joined early sept & have been reading a lot - so I guess you’ve got the hang of the forum :slight_smile:

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Pushing the boat out but not too far, dipping your toe in water ,but knowing the depth. Over three years now surprised with how far I’ve come. Getting confidence to cross busy country road to take my first bus journey was first big step. Peripheral vision loss on left so adjusted Highway Code I learned almost seventy years ago. Look left, look right and left again.
Fifteen minute bus journey a doddle. But anxiety about missing bus back. Then the big one , a friend said I’ll come with you on forty five minute bus trip. On getting to destination was screaming inside to get back, had ,had enough. Coffee, first bus back and returned to big lay-down. Then decided I had to master it, a solo journey, again anxiety! Will I get back.
Conquered it . Exhausted but cock-a-hoop . There are still challenges to overcome.
Wish I could kick lack of motivation over the hills and far away. Progress does happen, maybe in dribs and drabs but it mounts up.

5 Likes

It’s comforting in a strange sort of way to hear that ones demons are visiting other folk too. And that they are slaying them.

Haven’t felt the need to use public transport. My lovely wife is always there :slight_smile: but the challenger with motivation is definitely a big one .

The number of times I walked around the garden noting that the jobs I haven’t done is enormous. If I just got on with them I’d have the best show garden for 50 miles!
Well apart from the ignorance/ lack of experience I bring to bear about how to get the results but it might be the tideiest!

3 Likes

@Pds thats fantastic. Well done on overcoming your fears. I hope it leads to many more adventures for you.

1 Like

Simon, I have a wonderful wife who is my driver. But as there is a bus stop at bottom of road , and often saw buses go by I realised it would open up a new world for me. After a year attending stroke club ,realised I could get bus back. Meant walking a bit into town then fifteen minute journey back home. Fine. Now a challenge , crossing busy road walking to bus stop and getting bus going other direction , just for the hell of it. Took me a year to pluck up courage to enter supermarket. Hated it, to much glare and confusion. Then found a small M&S food store with incredible helpful staff. Last few weeks A big boy, on bus, into small market town go to M&S , food shop can now scan food items in self serve area pay and disappear. That’s my big success story at present. But shot myself in foot. Ok dear wife says, now motivate your self to get out in that garden :scream:. Like you , working on it.
Paul

6 Likes