Operating with only one arm

I see this as progression especially the finger move movement

After 9+ years, I still haven’t found the magic bullet for my spasticity and CPSP. If I exercise too hard, my arm just seizes up for a day or so. Stretching every morning is essential. My hand has limited movement. I can grip, but not release very well. I am doing exercises for my rotator cuff muscles in order to raise my arm, which still won’t raise above shoulder level (unless I ‘wing it’ out sideways). Feeling a bit sore today, after swimming with float and flippers yesterday. I just have to keep going. I’m determined to get my arm to raise before the 10 year anniversary next May.

Minnie great work on your determination I would love to get back in the pool I was a great swimmer pre stroke. Sounds like the hand has potential. What exercises are you doing for the rotator cuff

The rotator cuff exercises mostly involve pulling a theraband in different directions.
I was also a good swimmer before my stroke. It took a while before I was brave enough to get back in the pool. I can only do a weird form of one-armed breast stroke and it’s pretty exhausting, but it’s better than nothing. I’ve found that aquarobics is pretty good exercise too (there are three of us stroke survivors in my group). If you are able, give it a go.

1 Like