Oh dear

Well you've certainly had an interesting few days JJM!!  Excellent news about your initial stroke area, that is testament to all your great work over the last 4 years - it must be good to have that information, so encouraging.  

I have a nephew who is an A&E nurse, his wife is a sister in ICU and they have a 3 yr old daughter - they truly are my heroes, and so unassuming "just doing our job".  The Thursday night clapping for the NHS makes me so emotional and proud.  The noisy nights and lack of sleep are the price that has to be paid for lives being saved ???

All good wishes to you both, and hope you have some quality sleep soon xx

Thank you Tony. On reflection it hasn't all been bad, just a small step backwards. I think the fact that I've exercised so much has been my salvation. Once my concern eased, I started exercising in hospital. I would do ten laps of the ward with my sick followed by ten minutes of shoulder, arm and leg exercises. The hospital physios were very approving.

The second bit of luck was the small clot was affecting only the lower arm and hand of my stroke side anyway and the aspirin started to disperse the clot immediately. So I have resumed exercises for the lower arm and hand. I have done a shorter walk this morning at a slower pace and ten minutes exercise in the kitchen. I have also done the washing up and pegged the washing on the line, because these tasks involved using the left arm, hand and fingers.

The third bit of luck is that I was only in hospital for two full days. They said they might send me home on day two, but I think they made that longer to be absolutely sure I had the right diagnosis and medication.

Final bit of luck was that I got tested for Covid 19 and know that I am virus free. Going to build myself up again without fail.

dear JJ 

that's all great news.  I am so pleased to hear that haven't suffered damage on the strong side, and sounds like the additional stress to the weak side will not impede your impressive efforts to restore what is possible to restore. as ever in a crisis you bring hope.  Good man yourself. 

give yourself a rest and some treats

love and best wishes 

Tony