My aid to walking fatigue

Sorry shouldā€™ve thought someone would want to check it out

This particular stool was as high as we could get because Iā€™m tall others may be a different height.

2 Likes

Right ok I want one. I actually really need one!!

I am 6ā€™2" and 80kg I can get it tomo?!??!?!

Will that be ok do you reckon?

K :polar_bear: :wink:

1 Like

Actually I looked at your cool one and though hmmmm 60kg!!!

So I got this one (in blue of course) - will feedback Mr F.

1 Like

Iā€™m 6ft 3 and 98kg so you should be fine.

2 Likes

Great to have inspired you great coat keeping me warm and I can get it on and off with one arm relatively easily.

2 Likes

I ordered this since it supports 100kg :
Uquip Darcy Portable Folding Stool for Camping and Sports

2 Likes

Going to have to get a small folding ā€˜Ponchoā€™ to keep in the net bag behind my wheelchair. Met some friends at a beachside cafe for coffee this afternoon, but the weather took a turn for the worst while we were in there. Wind really got up and that fine, penetrating rain. A good 10 minute trundle from the car-park, so by the time we got back and the 'chair was stowed, it looked like weā€™d been in for a dip fully clothed.
Luckily thereā€™s a branch of Careco just around the corner, so thatā€™s due a visit today. My wife looked so miserable whilst pushing me. But sheā€™s a wonderful little woman, and getting smaller all the time.

2 Likes

Well it supported me on a known flat surface wouldnā€™t recommend any stool on an uneven surface without a family member or caregiver in attendance. The stool was great as a short term support to enable me to recover from fatigue plus it was tall enough for me to get up from with my stick as a support

3 Likes

Mine has arrived!

Ill open it up and take some pics later Mr F!!

You can get one legged stools to perch on for that sort of terrain but I donā€™t know how youā€™d get on with one of thoseā€¦probably more likely to topple over on it I suppose :thinking:
My sister uses one of these when golfing.

I was thinking of getting one of these for a few years now, but I usually donā€™t think about it until Iā€™m out walking :confounded: :crazy_face:

1 Like

The trouble with this type - if youā€™re a little dodgy on your pins - is that the moment you stand (unless youā€™re very quick, they fall over. also, a good sense of balance is needed. That can be an invitation to an accident. Absolutely fine if youā€™re hale & hearty.

2 Likes

Great news hope you like it

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking. It would be ok for me now; I just donā€™t like having to carry too much when out walking, I like to keep my hands free for falls so I like to travel light :smile:

Hey @mrfrederickson this would be a good research for you to get involved in :smile:

3 Likes

@mrfrederickson This is a great tool for respite from walking etc. It is also used by many artists for outdoor plein air painting.

And now for your next challengeā€¦

At strength & balance we have a chair under us for the squat; but last Monday a couple of us managed to do it without the chair and ohh but our legs burned :sweat_smile: but well worth the push to strengthen the legs.

1 Like

Great should work out well for you it has extended my range and my comfort considerably.

1 Like

No they arenā€™t, I managed to fall off one backwards before the stroke. Much to the amusement of my so called mates. Iā€™d be super careful if you are thinking of getting one.

2 Likes

Hi clobbers as stated before you should only use with a carer or family member in attendance and ensure that the surface is even , all such devices have an inherent safety risk , Iā€™m well practiced at getting up from a low point safely so do not consider if you cannot master this feature.

2 Likes

I Like it - but it is a little lower than I expected but still goodā€¦

3 Likes