Migraine type colored flashing aura several time a day

I get migraine with my DIABETIC sugar

1 Like

Hi are you Diabetic @msporshakimberly because I was tested and told me I was pre diabetic T2

1 Like

I have not experienced any flashing lights

2 Likes

have you tried

1 Like

I like rice vinegar not fan of apple

1 Like

Just saying hi & welcome @dmp

My own experience was that I had the visual migraines pre-stroke and none post stroke!

Some of us have been penning a "what we wish we’d I’m being told initially. Nothing specific on migraine but does cover how to search this forum It’s on the link Welcome - what we wish we'd heard at the start

If you search for migraine you’ll find there’s a lot being written on here about it

Ciao
Simon

3 Likes

I’ve had Aura migraines for many years and I understand those with migraines are more prone to stroke.
I still have them, but with no pain. I didn’t worry about them and Boom I got an ischemic stroke last August affecting my right side.
The aura is a shimmering curved light in one or both eyes, kind of psychedelic.

3 Likes

This is an interesting observation. One of my biggest triggers is flashing blue lights on emergency vehicals.

1 Like

Blue lit from a fone…

1 Like

Think I might give this a try, I’m curious now. Do you feel its helped and when do you take it?

1 Like

it must be Mother unfiltered,
20ml diluted in water in the Morning same at Night

1 Like

I tried it and was up all night peeing. lol

3 Likes

Good for flushing out the system then aye :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve had this phenomenon for some years, not sure whether I had it prestroke but have visits from it quite often. It has been explained as a headache which seems realistic. It doesnt interfere with my vision and at its worse is only a nuisance. It gets bigger and bigger and eventually just vanishes. Its impossible to forecast.
This picture is the nearest I can get to describing it.

Deigh

3 Likes

OK thanks for the info. Mine are similar and quite random. Other than always just after I wake in the morning.

2 Likes

I would get migraine aura about a couple of times a month prior to mild stroke. Found a couple of paracetamol would dsperse them a little quicker.

2 Likes

It’s not until you have this happen that you find out how common it is. I’ve had migraine auras since my mid 20’s and I’m 73 now. They have always varied in frequency and intensity, but each episode is usually over in about 25 minutes. I don’t get headache pain with them and they’ve become more of an incovenience than a worry.
I had my stroke on first of June 2023 and since then I’ve had just one of them. It bothered me when it came on because I wondered if it was going to be worse but it was pretty much the same as all the others I’ve ever had. My ischemic stroke was caused by stenosis of the right carotid and I’ve never heard of that being associated with migraine auras. Actually this latest attack came well after my endarterectomy so it’s unlikey to be connected. There are various theories what they are but the truth is that nobody knows for sure. Mine are usually triggered by bright or flashing lights.

Your graphic is rather interesting @Deigh
I had migraine auras through my 50s not before and not since my stroke.
Mine were zig-zaggy a bit like you have illustrated but always in black and white !
They started as a spot normally near the centre of my vision and elongated into a drifting ribbon that never turned back on itself in the way your c letter shape does. In fact now while I think about it they generally went from top right to bottom left .

Mine also lasted less than half an hour I think generally 20 minutes.

Quite often though we’re co-incident with a reduction of vision right in the centre of my vision. Mine would never accompanied by pain of any sort either.

Caio
Simon

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. The PC screen seems to be a trigger. Currently mine are decreasing in frequency and duration. None at all yesterday!

3 Likes

Great news, Yes, the PC screen triggered mine last week. I usually reach for the dark glasses until it’s passed.

1 Like