Memory

thanks , peoples names in the church which i go to regularly , spelling

2 Likes

One thing I did forget to mention…hmm I wonder why…oh yeh, 'cose it’s also what I’ve got :laughing: It could also be a Aphasia, remembering and spelling are common traits with that and it’s more likely that’s what you have following your stroke.
Click on the blue link and it will take you to the SA site explaining all about it. You may find you may very well recognise some of the other symptoms listed.

1 Like

no not not got aphasia as i did a test adoc text the results

1 Like

Does Alzheimer’s run in your family, do you know? I know in the early stages they can give you B12 shots and other medications to help with such early symptoms as well as delay the onset it.

no only my mum had dementia in her 8o,s

1 Like

Then it likely is hereditary, alzheimer’s is just one form of dementia.
But memory does diminish with age anyway and that’s to be expected of us all with or without a stroke, it’s just part of old age and a fact of life I’m afraid. No one is ever as sharp of mind as they were in say 20’s or 40’s. Good luck with the GP.

thanks i cant always remember names of people or singers

I’ve never been able to remember people’s faces and names - pre-stroke or post. My wife learnt long ago to not ask me to introduce her to people who stopped us in the street and said hello Simon because she now knows that I’d have no clue what their name was . Often when they started speaking from their voice I can would know what room I was in when I met them but not which context or city or even continent & certainly not their name

It’s always played havoc with watching films or television in that within each scene all I know is the people in it were in previous scenes but the idea of any continuity between scenes conveyed by people’s faces is very tenuous. Most things I watch are therefor plot less as the plot relies on memory of actions and words linked to people

2 Likes

memory not that bad do get heady when i am in bed more so since stroke

2 Likes

I still wonder about the aphasia…the tests for me were much too simple. Most people my age that I know do not remember names well. It made me very popular at MeetUps because I have always known names, faces, where we met, a few things about them to share with those I would introduce them to. Now sometimes I even forget my grandsons name and he lives in my house with me. I was also spelling bee champ many times, but yesterday I could not spell muscles. Recently I could not remember what an elbow was when my PT told me what to do for an assessment. Friday I visited my Neurologist with a list of questions, but I couldn’t remember how to ask them, so I started crying like an idiot, which seemed to scare him, so he shuffled me out quickly and I got no answers. I have always been good with words, but now much of the time, they just won’t come out of my mouth, even if I know them.

Obviously, there are many different things that can cause some of the issues you or I are having. For me, I feel certain it is stroke related. I have recently had blood tests and the nutrients are good.

2 Likes

my memory wasnt good before as i cant always remember holiday i have been too if they long time ago. also childhood memories, but i had a mother who had manic depresion

1 Like