Low and no alcohol worth considering?

Maybe , lemonade, soda water, water even. to dilute your favourite tipple and carefully reduce consumption a little.

A pint of shandy, a little rum and a lot of coke, etc. etc.

Nowt wrong with sweet judicious use of moderation rather than the harsh rigours of abstention.

A little of what you like and all that . . .

keep on keepin’ on
:wine_glass: :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Heineken 0.0 works for me. :wink:

1 Like

oh and Cobra zero with a yummy curry is good. :curry: :beer:

1 Like

Who haven’t had cobra zero but cobra for fat with a yummy Indian I would definitely agree with

:slight_smile:

@Bobbi - I agree lemonade etc has got a place also. Vimto too - both the diluting juice sort- I have a pint of that in front of me at the moment & the prefizzed version. I like dandelion and burdock too

Other non-alcoholic drinks I like are angostura bitters with tonic - no need for the gin :slight_smile:

I hear about kombucha and other fermented non-alcoholic things but I haven’t managed to find one of those that I like yet

Ciao
Simon

Lucky Saint have 0% alcohol larger and IPA - both excellent.
Beaver Town Laser Crush also 0% alcohol v.good
Guinness 0 v.good

2 Likes

hi @dbs
welcome to the best ?‘bar?’ in town nobody wants to join!! and noone is ever turned away from joining

there’s loads of folk who will say Hi & answe questions, signpost resources etc.
Feel free to start a new topic ( or just post into an existing one) totell your story - or dont if you prefer - we are ‘ok’ with either

And i agree the lucky saint - my wife like it with indian, ors neibours who we had round one weekday evening didnt realise i was AF till they read the empty bottle label!

if youve only been here an hour you might find the welcome post is a decent intro to ‘stuff’ - Click the blue text

Best regards Simon

3 Likes

Hi @dbs just popped into this bar of sober boozers to wish you a warm welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing you around. Now I’m gonna shoot off because it all just tastes disgusting to me…even if it does smell yummy, it just tastes like copper :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So now I’m off to find myself a nice cup of tea :blush:

2 Likes

You can’t have a cup of tea with dry roast peanuts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just stop Drinking , when my i got to 50 i slowed down ,now im at the point where i dont bother , there was no moment of clarity ,or a decision made , i just stopped didnt fancy it anymore ,now maybe twice a year now i will go daft and do a 6 pack which is all i need these days , long gone are my days of 20 budweiser in one evening which i used to do minimum 3 times a week, low or no alcohol is to me a waste of time and money , just have a soft drink instead

2 Likes

Hi @cuddyhung
It’s great to know what works for oneself :slight_smile:

I did something similar with smoking in about 1983 :slight_smile:

I haven’t managed the subconscious selection of your option. Consciously I might desire one state but whatever it is that actually determines behaviours / desires doesn’t agree.
Equally I never got anywhere near the 20 Budweiser in an evening let alone three times a week! I think once a college I managed six pints of lager but that would probably be in my record!

I believe that there are genetics involved - I think there is a parallel to somebody saying “just stand up & walk” - reality falls short of aspiration :slight_smile:

:relieved:

1 Like

This is a nice citrus IPA with a little bit of bitterness.
Comes in a 4 pack of 330ml.

Beats ghost ship I would say. Adnams saying 25% of ghost ship sales are now alcohol free. It’s a changing world.

1 Like

I’ve tried just about every low / no alcohol beer since my stroke ( 2 years ago) . For me the clear winner is Guinness 0% with the beers by ‘small beer’ that I get from Ocado a very close second.

Low alcohol beers have come a long way since the days of ‘Clausthaler’ (?).

1 Like

Agreed :+1::100: :slight_smile:

Almost agreed - deffo a palatable brew - called GuinLess in our household - but it isn’t a porter, isn’t a lager, or a Weiss beer so “A” winner for me but not “THE” winner
:slight_smile:

Simon

Peroni Zero is good too.
Guiness 0% is fabulous

LA wines are hopeless :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have skinny gin and tonic now very little gin half of a pub measure and lots of tonic lemon and ice or a Halfa half of glass of red wine with lemonade so basically very watered down if Im out with friends which is not very often these days. I asked my neuro surgeon nurse if that was ok and she said yes on special occasions.

4 Likes

0% Guinness very good :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t like guineas tho suppose I could drink lemonade with it or tonic thanks tho!

1 Like

Try Ghost Ship a lovely drop, also try some of the German makes most are really good

Agree the wines are awful

Wattsy

1 Like

I feel it’s not worth risking drinking anything each of 3 strokes happened after drinking

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes, I am with you, which is why I haven’t kept up with the 'sober boozers" (Love that name, BTW). I just popped in and decided to say hello to @dbs. @SimonInEdinburgh You can keep the roasted nuts as well, as my tastebuds don’t care for them either. But if you happen to know how to make alcohol free 23, Amaretto, Frangelico, Bailey’s or a good whiskey, I will join you. Actually, I think I have the Bailey’s and maybe Frangelico to close enough, and substitute almond or cherry extact, for Amaretto. I will never get the 23, I think it is a secret recipe. So lets just go with an no alcohol whiskey…Can it be done? Rum probably easier.

2 Likes