Love in the time of Covid (and a stroke)

@TheMaestro hi again, I’m reading between the lines here and I can see how in love you are with her.

Yes she’s had a trauma to her brain and that makes us think and feel different.

If you think she’s going to change her mind I wish you lots of luck.

@Loshy …I hope I don’t sound naive but you are correct, despite all that’s happened I am still very much in love with her.

I’ve reached out to multiple stroke forums in the UK and Australia (haven’t found many here in the US) and I really appreciate the advice I’ve received.

I cannot say with any amount of confidence that I think she’ll change to a point where the odds favour me. The main inquiry I have for these stroke communities is that if such an egregious change occurs subsequent to the stroke, is it reasonable to have faith that the person we once loved and still love will return or are we being reasonable to just merely give up without giving the person a sufficient amount ( and what is a fair definition of sufficient amount ) of time to come around?

@TheMaestro i really feel for you but I cannot give you a time limit. Sorry.

I depend on my husband now where as before stroke I was very independent. I do know I still love him and worry about him.

I hope one day you get your answer. Take care

@Loshy …thank you for responding to my posts…I do appreciate it and I further wish you and your husband the best in life’s endeavors. Let’s all get through Thursday and then it shall be Friday…from there I hope you and your husband have a peaceful, pleasant, and most of all relaxing weekend!

“We are not now that strength which in old days moved heaven and earth
That which we are we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts made
Weak by time and fate but strong in will
To strive to seek to find and not to yield”

-Tennyson

I’m not going to give up on her

1 Like

@TheMaestro i know you won’t hope she comes round. Thanks and good luck :crossed_fingers:

@Loshy ….

I deleted my previous post because I thought, through first reading, it read “ I know you won’t hope she’ll come around good luck”….I was baffled… I think you meant:

I know you won’t. (Give up on her) [I] hope she’ll come around. Good luck

Rather than:

“I know you won’t hope she’ll come around. Good luck”

@Loshy I apologize if I’m being a stickler for grammar. I really do appreciate your impeccable insight and advice through your replies. If it were not for you and many of your fellow colleagues here, who knows how many of us would be lost in the tumultuous turmoil had it not been for the support you and others have provided. It is outstanding and goes above and beyond the call of duty. I owe you and all here a profound and great debt of gratitude. Thank you!

Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum: as you all were so kind to help me with stroke support, may I express my condolences to you all with the loss of Queen Elizabeth. She truly was a remarkable woman of great integrity. Her cunningness and talent for diplomacy made her a monarch to be admired.

1 Like

@TheMaestro thank you. It is indeed a very sad event. She was a remarkable lady who will be much missed.

Hope things are going ok with you.

@Mrs5K Thank you for your kind words….I still keep hoping and praying my ex fiancé will recover, heal, and “return to me”…👰🏻‍♀:man_in_tuxedo:t2::heart: