Huge relief

Hi Ruby, well done. It will get easyer and b just like it always was. Keep going. Ayisha

YAY! Congratulations and well done!  You'll be suprised how soon you get back into your usual routine of driving. It's more daunting when you've a passenger, particularly your husband, as you will be thinking that they are watching your every move. Mine was and it drove me mad! You also feel obliged to talk if you've a passenger and I don't like talking and driving. I just want to listen to my CD's and singalong! I was much better on my own. Thankfully, he's at work all day so 99% of the time, I drive alone :)  Once again,well done yes

Brilliant news!!  Well done, that first journey is just the start of many more, and a symbol of your independence.  My husband's first trip after his stroke was 5 miles to a roundabout, and straight back home!!  He was shaking like a leaf, but he did it!!  Later that year he drove abroad, managing about 2 hours driving on the 'wrong' side of the road, so anything is possible.  Keep up the great work xx

Thank you. That sounds so inspiring. ☺

Dear Ruby

Just take it easy and dont put pressure on yourself.

The independence that driving prompts is very helpful indeed.

I drove after just one month. I am limited to half hour at which stage there is a danger the SF will take over. I get off the road if the SF sets in. No way am I safe if SF is raging. We owe it to other road users to ensure that we are safe.

Well done Ruby, well done

Colin

Thank you very much. Before my stroke I did love driving so to be able to drive again and legally - well I am very thankful. At the start my right foot was still turning in a bit. I think it was because I was nervous but after some time my foot was more normal and I felt more confident. My husband would have not dared say anything I might have deemed a criticism. I would have bitten his head off LOL! I must say he was (and always is) very supportive. xxx

Thank you very much Colin. xxx

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to our next day out. If only this weather settles and give us more dry days, LOL! ☺