Hi im lonely

Im 52 year old lady, i had stroke nearly 4 years ago which happened on the 13th October 2019 of which was on my birthday.

3 Likes

Sorry i forwarded. Im a single lady and feel lonely. I want to meet any one, please

2 Likes

Hi Francine, sorry to hear you’re feeling lonely. have you thought of joining any support groups? This link should give you more info.

The Stroke Association also have a here for you service where someone calls you once a week for 8 weeks. They match you with someone in a similar situation to you. Details can be found Here

You can reach out on here too there’s usually someone about who’ll answer your messages.

5 Likes

HI Francine-- Does your neighborhood have a senior center? (Senior is considered anyone over 50.) I’m in California- San Diego County, and we have a senior center not too far from home. They have a bus that picks people up if they can’t drive. I go every week for a ukulele class and have met many nice people there. There are lots of other classes, and a lunch is served every day. There are people of all ages 50-90. Many have disabilities of some sort–but that doesn’t hold them back from going to the center to be with other people. Everyone needs to have contact with others. Maybe a card club or other interest. Try to find some place like that, or a church. (I go to bible study every Wednesdaay) Then make yourself get there somehow. Dr. Laura says, “Lonliness is a choice.” The world is full of people looking for a friend. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart: Jeanne

4 Likes

Hi Francine, I did respond to your reply in the Lost Enthusiasm post. In case you didn’t see it, here is the link to it :slightly_smiling_face:

You can just click on the blue title to below to open it up.

2 Likes

Hi @Francine-13
Sorry for your situation. I think the others have given you good advice. You don’t tell us much about your situation. So it’s Not possible to guess how mobile you are. Assuming you are mobile there are many opportunities to join clubs around interests such as cooking or gardening or painting or photography or crochet or basket weaving dry stone walling, probably even sheep shearing!

If you are not a mobile then opportunities still exist. You also don’t say what country you’re in but one assumes the UK and then ageUk Will run things. Also there are a lot of online opportunities if you want something that is a little less daunting (?) I say less daunting because you’ve managed to post here and you need no more technical capability or equipment of the new must already have :slight_smile:

The welcome post Welcome - what we wish we'd heard at the start includes links to several hundred stroke support groups and other resources. In the same way that all these strokes specific groups exist there are very many other organisations offering companionship

Best wishes on your journey
Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Hey i had a stroke on 13th October too, 2015 though rather than 2019. Does that make us stroke sisters??

3 Likes

Hi everyone, my right hands dont work and my right feet don’t work i use a walking stick. Theres no one who takes me out. I have 7 children 4 girls and 3 boys ages 32 years down 10 year old. Only 2 children lives with me the others live with their girl friends, 2 with their dad, one with their grandmother and one with his sister.

My 29 sob lives with me and my 19 year old daughter lives with me. My 15 year old daughter and 10 year old son lives with there dad.

I would like to go out ( some one push me in a wheelchair. Go for weekends away go to another country for 2 weeks. I want to do exercise.

I will go into the ones you lot told me.

I just Pray :pray:t5: everyday :pray:t5: thank you

3 Likes

@Francine-13

Hi my name is Kieran.

I am generally very lonely a lot of the time.

I have lots of friends and some family but people have jobs and my housemate has a job!!

I rely on lots of people for lots of things but in the afternoons sitting on the sofa crying because the red team got a golden gavel gets a bit much. I don’t get mych joy out of uch.

But I do from this forum.

I have found such kindness and understanding and it really does make me feel less alone!

Please keep using it and tell us your stories - I know I am not the only one who will listen and care.

It will get better!!

K xx

6 Likes

Thank you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i will try my hardest to better my self and talk, hopefully :pray:t5: i wii meet people

3 Likes

@Francine-13

How are you?! Hopefully feeling a bit more positive?

Keep talking to us!

be cool :polar_bear:

have a look at this for maybe some things you can get but are not sure about or maybe someone can help you with things.

Local charites are always a good place to start I have found and to be fair the council!

2 Likes

Hi Francine I was very lonely after my stroke so I joined a group meeting that was advertised on my local Nextdoor website
I also now volunteer at a charity shop one day a week and I love it .
So you can check in your neighbourhood if anything is going on
Ido hope you meet and make friends from this
I am 7 months post stroke and loving life

3 Likes

And is really great of you to say that you’re loving life because there’s so many folk here in the early days who are searching for hope and you just lit a candle in their darkness.:slight_smile:

Have a great day, correction great week, great life

Ciao :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thankyou for your reply yes there is hope for everyone on here you just have to get out there (when you have a good day ) maybe after a day of rest
Because I still have at least one day a week when I rest my brain and most nights I go bed early about 8pm and just cuddle up with my dog daisy

3 Likes

Hi @Francine-13. Nice to meet you :blush:. Hope you get better. Joining this forum has helped me already after three days. I felt alone with my symptoms of 4th mini stroke. No-one I knew understood. Well they did until it interfered with their plans. I’m slowly getting better and my wife is a great support. At first she didn’t understand but is beginning to now. Don’t ignore small steps of progress they all add up. Wish you well,Ian.

2 Likes

Ian,
there’s a post you’ll find if you use the magnifying glass at the top and search for “40 things” You might find useful for itemizing the source of advice that family and friends typically don’t appreciate without it being said to them .

I don’t find Jill’s original list full of points I would literally make I do find it a good source of sentiments to re-express

Might it help you n yours?

Ciao

Simon

2 Likes

Sorry i haven’t been on here, i was busy doing something. Thank you all

2 Likes

@Francine-13

Good that you were busy!!!

How are you getting on?

Feeling any better or sorry - feeling as good as you can given the circumstances?!

Here is a picture of a cheeky polar bear cub to cheer you up!

You Won't See Anything More Adorable Today Than These Baby Polar Bears - E!  Online - CA

:polar_bear: :wink:

3 Likes

Very cute my favourite so far!

3 Likes

I haven’t been anywhere, there’s no one to take me anywhere as i need to go in a wheelchair ( i want to start driving again next year ) friends i use to have a lot but since i had the stroke they dont want me to no. I have 3 friends but they have there children, husbands and working. So im alone

3 Likes