Hemianopia

I know right! When that’s what I want to know?

2 Likes

When you least expect it of course :roll_eyes: :rofl: :polar_bear: :upside_down_face:

Thinking of moving to America as you can drive with Hemonopia there🤔.

2 Likes

Well don’t rush into it but if you do let me know and I might come with you! But two people with hemianopia in the same town?!??!?!? We might have to live a bit apart!

:rofl: :roll_eyes: :exploding_head: :person_shrugging: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like

True I need to get in the queue quickly then for my license they might not let us both have one😂

1 Like

So you are actually looking through the space between the 2 prisms ?

Peli prism lens for homonymous hemianopia

1 Like

That’s right, it does take a little practice but when you get it right it helps to widen what you see as things look very squashed and quite distorted without them, also less likely to bump into things as I can’t see edges of objects unless I turn my head, with these I can x

2 Likes

That’s excellent for you, how long have you been using them for now?

1 Like

Thankyou only for a week so early days but I’m trying to persevere with them, I’m hoping they might also help with the brains plasticity and bringing the attention back over to my non seeing side x

2 Likes

Good with the glasses @Elle1 :smile: Persistence and perseverance pays off in the long run when it comes to retraining the brain as we’ve all discovered. If this prevents you bumping into things severe injury, then it’s well worth the effort. And it could also be a useful talking point or ice breaker in conversation :smile:

3 Likes

Thankyou yes, certainly a conversational starter, stroke seems to dominate the topic of conversation these days anyway, not sure what I used to talk about before this all happened to be honest :joy:best wishes x

4 Likes

Hi I have hemopia

Both left hand portions of each ey are not sending the correct information to my brain giving me the left side blind spot, year on year visual field test at an opticians has shown improvement so takin 30 minutes of therapy a day with an app from the AppStore is helping retrain my brain.

Good luck hope yours improves soon as well

3 Likes

Hi @mrfrederickson mine is left sided too, that’s great you have had improvement I have had some too, long may this continue. Would you say the app really is worth doing? Best wishes

3 Likes

Hi Elle yes the app clearly trains my brain to scan properly anall missed symbols or letters are left side always, my scores are in the high nineties but to start with we’re only in the mid 80’s

I figured at £10 it was a worthwhile investment.

3 Likes

Mr F

which app please?

thanks,

K :polar_bear: :wink:

3 Likes

I hope you all improve from your condition. I beg you to not give up.

3 Likes

I think it’s this app I asked him about a week ago :

3 Likes

In the App Store there is vision therapy and vision therapy lite,

The lite is free and a reduced functional version, I started with the lite but wanted full functionality so purchased the full version.

5 Likes

Thankyou@mattew1798, weirdly sight loss is something I have always feared in my life and now it has happened to me but, I cannot give up I have young children who need me and giving up is not an option, hope you are doing ok too, best wishes

4 Likes

I know you can’t. But just for yourself - you cannot give up, either.

:grinning:Please take good care of yourself.

4 Likes