Help

Hi - the site is a real problem, lots of us are rather bamboozled by the layout, so you're not alone on that score.  The photo has to be quite a small size for uploading, I've tried several times, and I've given up.  Someone with more technical knowldge about re-sizing photos will have to help you, sorry!

xx

Thank you I’m so glad it’s not just me then I would be on here more if it was an easier set up I give up many times as well thank you xx

I like the photo you have managed to upload on a previous post.  Good to hear about the work you are doing - it would have helped me enormously if that had been available when my husband was in hospital, and afterwards.  All I know about stroke, has been found on this site, from people sharing their stories - it's been a mahoosive support system ?

Dear SaraRuth

Get your picture in to a part of your device that you can easily find. If you struggle then maybe put it on desktop desktop.

Then open up "my stroke guide".

Go to "My profile" go to the bottom of the panel on the left. Click where it says add photo. Ignore the warning it has to be under a certain size. Browse to select, the photo. Press "open". You should now have a profile picture. If its upside down then go back to your original picture and turn it 180 degrees. Go through the picture routine, which will now be amend photo.

I find this site a nightmare. I am hopeless with current PCs, tablets etc. I am sure they are designed to ban anyone over 8 years of age.

Best wishes

Colin

How brilliant of you. I would like to do exactly what you are doing. My hospital has a brilliant stroke unit and I would be so proud to help out. I think I need a bit more recovery. Its a fairly long drive and I am still not travelling well, but soon I will be up to speed and could fill in withthat volunteering.

I do like your positive attitude.

I maintain that we are lucky to have survived and that there is a reason why we were chosen to live.

Best wishes

Colin

Thanks I already feel better than when I posted this. Your brain is your best tool but your own worst enemy ? I just need to be honest and talk and remind myself how incredible I and every other survivor is!! X

Wow that's brilliant, I wish we had something like that in our hospital, although I have had Dealings with disabled people with all sorts of disability and illnesses over the last 20 odd years, I really could have done with some support, especially emotionally whilst looking after my hubby daily for 6 weeks in hospital after a serious stroke 3.5 months ago. Not know what to expect his experiences to be let alone the frustration of trying to get everything in place and all the while run a house and business has and still is very hard and tiring. Trying to keep him motivated, care for. Him and not getting a break is exhausting just having someone to talk to who can guide you would be an enormous help whilst your loved ones are in hospital, especially when their experience in the stroke unit was really bad.