Functional Neurological Disorder (FND)

So sorry about the delay in my reply Simon. Still not very good at navigating the forum but that’s me not it. The cat is Bibs.

2 Likes

Just to update you Mrs5K. Thank you for the link on PPPD. My doctor got me fast-tracked through the appointment system. The stroke consultant phoned me (without an appointment - how enlightened is that) one evening and no longer needs to see me. I’m waiting for a phone appointment about any FND treatment. And am very carefully getting used to driving again. So thats progress even if there is no change in my FND. I would really like to understand how my stroke and FND affect each other. And you? Oh and I meant to say that with every jerk of my FND I let go of what I am holding. But it’s selective because I haven’t broken any china. Also my grip is very weak.

2 Likes

No apology necessary

Give bibs as scritch :slight_smile:
These are Tyger

And again with Beryl

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

@Bibs thank you for the update. I’m impressed that you got a call from the stroke consultant without an appointment. That’s a rare event. I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your FND appointment.

Good to hear you are getting back to driving again. Building up slowly is a really good idea.

I am still waiting my ENT appointment. It’s taking forever. I did chase it & was told I’m on the list & should hear soon.

I was told my stroke had triggered my FND - they said can be caused by trauma. Beyond that I don’t really understand the connection or the affect of both on each other. I know they’re exhausting though :woozy_face: if i find out any more i’ll report back.

Good news about the china :grin:

2 Likes

Iv just found your post about FND. I have posted on here a few times about episodes I have had since my stroke that initially were being called decompensations. I have had two more episodes in Feb and early March resulting in being sent back to the Stroke clinic. I am having further investigations but FND has been mentioned. Like you I was told to look at the same website. Not all my symptoms match with those described on the site. I would be interested to know if anyone else has heard of FND and what their symptoms are. I will post again when my test results are in and let you know what they decide. My symptoms are ataxia in my legs, numbness in the right side of my face and elevated heart rate also general feeling of fear and confusion.

1 Like

@Ktrean60 my FND seems to manifest in functional left limb weakness which mainly affects my leg. I’ve not had an official diagnosis yet but suspect my dizzinessnand balamce issues may be FND related too.

I think FND is used to describe a multitude of symptoms that are otherwise unexplained it is difficult to know what is or isn’t FND. My biggest fear with it is that once your records show FND they just fob you off and put everything down to it. It’s important to stand your ground if you ever do have to visit the hospital.

Good luck and i hope things settle soon for you.

Ann x

1 Like

Thank you Anne. I also have some balance issues but not all the time. I have read that stroke can cause FND but to be honest I had never heard of it before it was suggested. I have the same worries as you regarding the fnd diagnosis. I am personally worried there is something else going on that hasnt been picked up yet. It will be interesting to see where this goes for both of us any anyone else here who has had this possible diagnosis.

2 Likes