Fatigue is my greatest challenge

You could, under advice, switch to clopidogrel which as far as I know doesn't have fatigue or tiredness as an adverse effect. Problem is, medication adverse effects will compound with stroke fatigue which is quite debilitating on its on own and is chronic. All my meds have dizziness as an adverse effect which is a symptom also of my stroke. So, I am extra dizzy, in theory. However, the med adverse effects should subside over time but not always. 

Hi Rups. Spot on - yes I think you and I are both having very similar experiences. Even to the point that I self-admitted to a hospital A&E twice in two days with symtoms of labarythitis which presumably misled the doctors who just sent me home with some anti nausea medication. Only when I deteriorated and we called an ambulance did the paramedics comment that they thought I was showing signs of having a stroke. My original question was whether any of the blood thinning or pressure meds may be exacerbating the fatigue and since my last post I have had an appointment with a Neurologist who was reluctant to adjust the Amlodopine or Apaxiban but has suggested I reduce the daily dose of Atorvastatin from 80mg to 40mg. I'd not previously considered the possibility of Statin Intolerance and side effects of muscle fatigue but I understand it is an issue for some 5 to 10% of patients. Have only just cut down to 40mg Statin so early days yet to see if there is any improvement. Watch this space ! 

1 Like

Good luck, this med balancing malarkey is a real fiddle. I've just made decision to switch a drug to night as I think its adverse effect of dizziness is compounding my stroke dizziness during the day. 

it is a fiddle,, i haven't changed anything yet,, don't really know where to start with it,,,,, Thanks

Sorry that you are still experiencing dizzy spells - I wouldn't wish that on my own worst enemy as the accompanying nausea was what I hated the most. When I had a dizzy turn even if only for a few seconds I would feel sick for hours after. Bit like sea sickness.  Touch wood that's not happened now for many months. Expect to speak with a GP next week so will see whether there is a consensus to reduce the Statins. The heart.org website is quite good and explains all about Cholesterol, statins and the possible side effects. 

Sorry - that should've been heartuk.org

Aye, to the nausea, it's the pits.