Falling when I thought I was doing so well

:rofl:
I did that a lot in the early days post stroke :laughing:
Did you ever try texting with a stroke scramble brain :face_with_spiral_eyes:
While I was in hospital after it, I tried to text my sisterā€¦with my non dominant left had and scrambled brain all I managed to send was a dotā€¦because I hit enter :laughing: Of course my sister was absolutely over the moon because I could actually send her a dot/full stop :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I have the problem that when I try and error correct I hit send. It drives me absolutely bananas . It happens most in outlook email

Intellectually I know Iā€™m about to do something that was wrong but mechanically or neurologically or something like that I only ever managed to identify the error after Iā€™ve made it
I have an automatic error generating capability now and try as I might I cannot suppress it

if anything itā€™s got worse over the last 2 1/2 years

grrrr :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Simon, you have described me to a ā€˜Tā€™ and then Iā€™ve got a dodgy trigger finger to bootā€¦especially when it comes to using the computer mouse :confounded:

2 Likes

Oh, my! @EmeraldEyes and @SimonInEdinburgh

I am a previous Perfection Seekerā€¦I more than half believe both of you were the same. Only you would know, Iā€™m just guessing. It is these small things I sweat that really annoy me. I am blessed I can type now from old memoryā€¦the phone gives me nightmaresā€¦Yesterday, it actually answered a text for me, evidently because I moved my finger wrong. I was asked on a date with someone I did not want to go with and it read, ā€œSure, what time?ā€. All I was doing was trying to reply with a ā€œNo, thank you.ā€ Funnyā€¦not funny.

@EmeraldEyes, I certainly remember those early days. They did not know if I could hear or understand or was just a vegetableā€¦Your sister sounds like mine, so excited over ever tiny step, my cheerleader. Arenā€™t we blessed? They figured out I was ā€œin thereā€ somewhere when my brother called my sister to check on me while she was with me. She put him on Video Chat while he was telling an old story he constantly repeats about something I did as a child. I showed him my ā€œbirdieā€. The nurse asked my sister if I just gave her the finger. She replied that I did but it was for my brother, and my usual response to his tall tells about me. Helped very much in getting me out of hospice and into the hospital that could do the surgery I needed to make it. I guess the ā€œbirdā€ of paradise flew over me. Much love to you both.

2 Likes

@Suzywong

You and Simon are probably both right. That is another way I get very dizzyā€¦moving too fast or trying to do more than one thing at a time as I was still the old me. I am the new me and I really donā€™t want to do more than one thing at a time. Who needs it? It is highly overrated and I think I just try to do it to keep from upsetting others with my slowness, or just do it from memory. Neither one is a good reason. Only really good reason I can think of for trying to do more than one thing at a time is to drive, or to ensure I am able to help in an urgent situation, but have already learned, a couple of times, adrenaline kicks in and I am more useful than I thought.

You have a good plan. I hope ice or heat, or both are helping some. Or pain medication. And I am sure the smiles on the faces of those two lovies will make a little of the pain dissipate.

2 Likes

Hi Deanne so funny that text. Iā€™ve learnt to use my left hand now for emailing or texting on phone. Never thought I could use my left hand so successfully and predictive text really helps as well love sue x

3 Likes

Hi I too live alone prior to having my stroke I got trapped in my garden trying to get my pup back from the other side of the fence Fit it wasnā€™t for my next door neighbour earring my calls for help I could have laid there for hours Then I few months later I had a stroke but I was able to ring for help as I was in my home When I came out said thatā€™s it we get you one of the emergency alert arm bands that fit your wrist or around your neck We found out that my local council do it I now have one it cost me round about Ā£16 a month My daughter feels better that if anything happens at home or the garden I can get help I also feel more confident on my own now mowing I can get help So suggest you you could try your local council

2 Likes

Hi @percy.jones
Welcome :grin:
Good suggestion.
Ive heard thereā€™s several local authorities that do similar
Iā€™m trying to remember but thereā€™s a London health board that has a very extensive remote care support with multiple online channels so itā€™s an emerging technology

Thereā€™s also a slew of companies advertising remote monitoring capabilities if you Google youā€™ll get sponsored adverts as well as how to use common technology like motion sensors and maybe even ā€˜smart picture framesā€™/FaceTime for monitoring purposes

1 Like

Thanks Percy jones Iā€™ll look into it. It will be easier than carrying my phone around everywhere and as you say will give my family peace of mind as well as myself. Thank you regards sue

1 Like

@percy.jones just wanted to say hi & welcome to the forum. Hope you are doing ok.

I try & make sure i take my phone with me in case i need to call for help. The alarm is definitely a good idea.

2 Likes