Extra help and concessions

I was very familiar with this forum platform because I’ve been a member on another forum, for many years, that also uses the same platform. When I first joined this forum I didn’t recognise it at all as being the same, so wouldn’t have able to do those instructions. But over the past several months my mind has gained clarity and the fog has lifted, I’ve come to recognise it for what it is. So I’ve set my preference to that of the other forum now and it’s all coming back to me :smile:

I too benefit from replying to posts and explaining such queries as it’s also a cognitive exercise for old grey matter. If fact we all benefit from being on here and participating. It’s retraining/reintroducing our brains in all sorts of ways, such things as cognition, emotion, empathy, patience, communication, finger dexterity, problem solving…you’re doing that just by posting a question on this forum…and much more. So, you need never apologise for that :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @EmeraldEyes and @SimonInEdinburgh

I ahve tried to note all the things you need to do to get trust and I do recognise that I can’t just rock up here for 10-12 days and then get a big trust level it deosn’t and probably shhouldn’t work like that!!

I have done all that I can for the moment I think I’m reading and interactiong and trying to do quotes and the tutorials etc!!

I will keep on keepin on @Bobbi

And I will stay cool. I’ll get back to all of you after I’ve done some more offline on the table / whatever…

In the mean time I will stay cool

:polar_bear: :wink:

1 Like

Just for ref… You get the 1st ½ with the code of the second.

You’ve got plenty of time :slight_smile: after all We all know that strokes a marathon!!

To get…

H1

H2

H3

bold text
italicized text

blockquote

Ordered List

1. First item
  2. Second item
  3. Third item

Unordered List

• First item
  • Second item
  • Third item

code block Monospaced

horizontal Rule

Link title

Image alt descrption text

Extended Syntax

Fenced Code Block

{
  "firstName": "John",
  "lastName": "Smith",
  "age": 25
}

Heading ID

My Great Heading {#custom-id}

Strikethrough
The world is flat.

Task List

• Write the press release
  • Update the website
  • Contact the media

Emoji! :joy:

Seems unsupported

Highlight == important ==
Subscript H~2~O
Superscript X^2^

Definition

term :definition

|Table | Syntax | Description |

| ----------- | ----------- |
| Header | Title |
| Paragraph | Text |

Footnote
Here’s a sentence with a footnote. [1]

use…

# H1
## H2
### H3
**bold text**
*italicized text*

> blockquote

Ordered List
1. First item
2. Second item
3. Third item

Unordered List	
- First item
- Second item
- Third item

`code block
Monospaced`

horizontal Rule

---

Link	[title](https://www.example.com)

Image	![alt descrption text](image.jpg)

# Extended Syntax

Fenced Code Block
\```
{
  "firstName": "John",
  "lastName": "Smith",
  "age": 25
}
\```

Heading ID	
### My Great Heading {#custom-id}

Strikethrough	
~~The world is flat.~~

Task List	
- [x] Write the press release
- [ ] Update the website
- [ ] Contact the media

Emoji! :joy:

# Seems unsupported
Highlight ==  important ==
Subscript H~2~O
Superscript	X^2^

Definition

term :definition

|Table	| Syntax | Description |

| ----------- | ----------- |
| Header | Title |
| Paragraph | Text |

Footnote
	Here's a sentence with a footnote. [^1]

[^1]: This is the footnote.

Hope this helps

1. This is the footnote. ↩︎

1 Like

Thanks @SimonInEdinburgh

That will help eventually and I have bookmarked it - thanks @MSG-bot

But for now I am going to do this offline and then will get back to you as for me it’s a hell of a lot easier to do it using software that I am familiar with!!

It really is helpful and (of course) will take a bit for me to get to grips with this properly but I really am trying!!

Here is a picture

Polar Bear VPN

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @msg-bot display help.

@MSG-bot

All I said was thanks.

Not as clever as a polar bear are you?!

1 Like

Does seem you got tables to work though & I didn’t !

What’s your familiar software? Office 365 suit? Or Google sheets and docs?
:slight_smile:

I use a chrome google laptop (don’t panic it has lots of polar bear stickers on it) and don’t want to pay for office and can’t get it for free from work anymore and anyway at the end of my career I was a freelance consultant so I had no in work banking payoff etc…

so I just use google docs / sheets etc at the mo.

However (and I know that’s just a fancy but - but I use but too much!) JP has some fancy software on his work from home computer that he says he might be able to help e do something with my stuff when I’ve finished with it. He is a production editor for the online edition of a major national newspaper…

1 Like

or whatever its called… Some lenovo thing.

Polar bear

1 Like

I think that is a fantastic comprehensive list and links youve put together there Kieran… very very useful for fellow survivors in the London area.

Youve done the job of the Stroke Association, Citizens Advice Bureau et all.

Can you now please replicate it for every other county in the UK, please, buddy.

Cheers you big helpful furry polar bear

Andy

2 Likes

@TRFCANDY53

Hi Andy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My idea is actually to get it into a more user friendly format - a table or something and then I can pass that on to lovely people like yourself to adapt for your local area!! Where are you?!

K

:polar_bear: :rofl:

here is a picture of a big furry polar bear for you :wink:

Collecting polar bear footprints to map family trees - BBC News

2 Likes

Hi Secret Squirrel (Ursus maritimus)

Do you know what my stroke guide isn’t just a forum but is also a website with exactly the same name and that my stroke guide website is full of the sort of information that you’re compiling :slight_smile:

Personally I don’t find the website sufficiently accessible to use - if you crack that particular nut It will be a valuable endeavour indeed :slight_smile: equally you might just be duplicating it?

I guess the big advantage you have is visceral understanding of our needs

Ciao

1 Like

Will muse on that!!!

Thanks @SimonInEdinburgh

1 Like

Morning my Polar pal,
Im up in the North West.

Wirral to be more precise

3 Likes

That is south of me! Not quiet daan sarf - that’s KGB, but definitely south :slight_smile: serth?

2 Likes

Well done you, thank you for doing this, @KGB :heart:
The more info there is for #StrokeWarriors, the better

3 Likes

Hi Rob
This is exactly what has happened to me. Years of paying NI to be told for 2 years i hadnt pid enough NI.
If i call them will they tell me how much I have to pay .
TIA
Helen

2 Likes

Hi Helen,

The system is a joke! If you call HMRC they will tell you exactly what to pay and you can pay over the phone. Tell them it is Benefits related and they should escalate it for you so the DWP can see it in a couple of days. Call HMRC back a couple of days later to check that the payment is recorded on your file then call DWP and you should get some joy. Don’t forget, they will not pay for 6 weeks after you top up your contributions. Good luck
Rob

3 Likes

Can I add this to KGB’s list.

This is perhaps one of those things that is often put off until it’s a bit too late. As I understand it, medically, even if you are a partner, the medical staff may take your views into account but they don’t have to follow them.
If the stroke is severe, it may cause no end of problems/delays accessing accounts.

Don’t be fooled by the numerous other Google entries. Only ever do this on the Gov site. Cost is £82 for each one, less if on benefits.

2 Likes

Dear All - I have made the first post in this thread a ‘wiki’ - which means anyone can edit it!

Please feel free to add anything to it that you want but please don’t delete existing info!!

Thanks,

K :wink: :polar_bear:

3 Likes