Arm and hand exercises. Ideas?

Hi will have a look at Stroke Solutions I need any help I can get. Thanks

My stro0ke was in 2015 and I've been doing exercises from a UK charity called ARNI. I bought a book called The Successful Stroke Survivor which is like a complete manual for stroke recovery. Full of exercises. Its very good.

i

Lots of stretches have helped my hand.

My advice is to use it as often as possible. Even if youyr good hand has to help. For exercises I'd recommend you have a look at ARNI (action for recovery from neurological injury). They do books and DVD that give you exercises. I do their exercises for my hand and arm.

Thank you. I am getting botox on monday exercises help but it curls quite quick again think I'm not going to get the use of my hand back

Johanne

Thanks for replying think I've just kinda gave up 

Thank you we most certainly will x

Thank you so much not going to throw in the towel just yet x 

Best exercise I've found is to roll a ballaround your hand and finger do this a few times during the day as is stimulatesthenerves slowly with time the movement will return hope this help all the best gillian

When I was going to physical and occupational therapy they gave me a jar of putty.  I would work it and work it in my hand as I watched TV.  There were different thicknesses of putty in differing colors.  As I got stronger they would give me a "harder" putty to work with.  You can order a set of therapy putty on Amazon for about $15.   I also used (and they can be gotton on Amazon also) 1lb hand weights for my hands and arms.  After a while I moved up to 2 lb wights. I would do maybe 10 or 20  wrist rolls and other lifts, as I watched TV.  I didn't spend a lot of time as I didn't want to overdo.   Also, it's true that legs come back first because they are weight-bearing.  Hope tthis helps.  Love, Jeanne

That's fantastic thanks I will try that 

That's great thank you I will try this 

Glad to help give it a try good luck

Many thanks. Must say I do find life difficult.

I previously replied to your post mentioing a charity called ARNI. If that's not right for you here's another suggestion. A Zoom class run by an OT. 

https://www.armsreach-ot.co.uk/online-group