Any advice welcome

Just a thought - do you take aspirin by any chance?  Aspirin is well known for causing tinnitus or making tinnitus worse for people who already have it.  I used to take aspirin but my consultant changed it to Clopidogrel.  I noticed the tinnitus has almost gone unless I think about it and then it comes back!  

Hi David, the hearing aid I have is an Oticon behind the ear aid which was prescribed by the NHS. It's worth enquiring about. I had the stroke over 3 years ago and have short term memory loss as a result. I have to say my memory has improved over time but can still trip me up if I'm tired or not paying attention. My memory in general is much improved from the time of the stroke. I find I have fewer problems if I get the right amount of sleep at night and sometimes find I need to have a sleep during the day depending on how busy I've been.

Ann

Thanks again Ann , sound similar to me . Good talking David. 

Hi Bernadette, that is a fantastic idea.  I was thinking the same thing.  When she isn't having therapy I hate to think that she is sat in the hospital all alone :( We are already sending voice recordings in with messages from all the family but reading a story for her will give her something to do too.  Thank you so much. Claire 

This is great.  Thank you so much :) Claire 

You're welcome,any help is a bonus,keep asking when you need it.it's trial and error really but hopefully mum will be out soon and improve.heart