Zoom Open Group Winter competition

The assignment.

Open to all

Design the front of a Christmas card for the Zoom Open Group. (to be PC I’ll suggest Winter Festival as an alternative subject).

When you have completed your design post it as a photograph or digital picture on this thread.

Get your entries in quick. The judging will take place on the first day of December.

Looking forward to seeing what you put together.
:partying_face: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Please feel free to attempt this assignment in anyway you want.

I’m suggesting if you are creating a hand produced piece that you take a photo or photos of it and upload to a post on this thread to display what you have done.

Using stencils and doing freehand work, sounds excellent, can’t wait to see how you do.

People who don’t have the art materials are welcome to use clip art and components downloaded from the internet. There isn’t any limitation, just make a greetings card digital or otherwise.

I don’t think this competition is going to get overwhelmed with entrants, but if necessary, we could divide up into digital, non-digital, categories and so on, I suppose.

As a very different approach I suppose you could submit a decorated cake, cookie or muffin. You have complete artistic license to use as you will.

You are may have a carer or family member give you a hand to put together something for this.

(If I decide to take part and put up an effort of my own, although I have a stock of art materials, I no longer, because of my stroke, have the ability to use them. I will have to try to do something digital on the PC with my left hand.)

@Loshy
. . . and if no-one else shows any interest, you might have won by default, but don’t let that stop you enjoying working on this.
:+1:

1 Like

Oooo if I tried drawing it’d probably be difficult to tell what it is :rofl::rofl::rofl: i’ll have a think though & see if i can do something. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

@Mrs5K
It doesn’t have to be a drawing.
Just some words with a bit of decoration, use your imagination.

It’s only a bit of fun. No need to try too hard if you don’t want to. As long as you enjoy taking part.

1 Like

If nobody else enters this competition,

I’m claiming
The Title

and bragging rights will be mine all mine. (along with the fog on the Tyne)
:grin:

Winner takes all !!

:trophy:

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Fab @Bobbi love it :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

1 Like

Simple stuff, clip art plundered off yon tintynet and a few words.

@Mrs5K You must be able to challenge that.

:upside_down_face: :partying_face: :christmas_tree:

@Loshy
Impressive, I can see you put a lot of effort into this.
Very well done. I like the fact that it is hand finished.

Will there be any other contenders?

1 Like

@Loshy that looks amazing. You really do have an artistic flare xxxx

1 Like

This is my effort. Is hand drawn too but i have zero artistic flair :rofl::rofl::rofl: think i’ll stick to my poetry :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

@Mrs5K
Well I like it.
Thank you for taking part.
:partying_face: :+1:

1 Like

@Mahoney i thought 1st Dec was judging day so i think you have a bit of time yet…although i stand to be corrected by @Bobbi :grin:

1 Like

@Mahoney
As @Mrs5K said, Dec 1st is judging day, so you have more than two weeks to get something posted.
No need to feel rushed.

@Mahoney - it’s a very good quality wooden spoon, I assure you. I’ve had an eye on it myself.

1 Like

Oh wow @Mahoney i love it especially the centre 3D tree. Think that puts me firmly in wooden spoon place :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I agree with what was said before, great creativity and inventivenessity there @Mahoney.

. . . and yes, it will be a tough job picking out a winner.

:+1:

@Mahoney having seen everyones entries i am now wishing I had attended my art classes at school rather than skipping them for music lessons and :rofl::rofl: then again…maybe not :grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Loved my music…spent most of my free time at school in the music department (and my not so free time) :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::trumpet::musical_keyboard::trumpet::trumpet::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really amazing! Get them in production quick @Mahoney :+1:
It’s the writing too that’s pretty impressive, my writing is awful!

2 Likes