Your latest triumphs - wins and successes

Maybe you just achieved something.

Big or small, report it here. Nothing is too trivial, too ordinary, share it in this thread.

Other members would love to hear about your successes.

1 Like

I just achieved a number of trivial things that had been a hurdle I needed to get over.
I managed my task successfully and I will now sit here with a smug look on my face.

I stood up from my wheelchair.
I carefully pulled on a dressing gown (I had been feeling cold)
I pulled the dressing gown cord around myself.
After a couple of attempts using both my weak hand and its partner
I succeeded in tying a bow in the cord, thus securing my dressing gown.
I gently sat back down in my wheelchair.

Yay
Hurrah
Yippee

Feel free to top that. I will be pleased for you. Share your triumph here.

6 Likes

I think anything we do after stroke is a bit of a triumph. Last Monday my partner and I walked round the gardens at Hodnet Hall, Shropshire. I managed reasonably well on the paths, wobbled a bit on slopes and had to be helped down steps but I did it. The important thing is to sit and rest periodically and remember it’s not a race. Tired and aching a bit afterwards, but mission accomplished,

4 Likes

Yup, keep on keeping on. Always give yourself a pat on the back. Like blowing your own trumpet its likely no one will do that for you.
I envy your walk ability and hope some day to achieve that for myself.
You have triumphed but you have also set an example.
:smiley: :smiley:
Never say never.

2 Likes

When I hear how some of you have been affected, I feel a bit of a fraud.
At Easter I rode my motorcycle 181 miles. I was tired but could do 4-500 miles in one go before.

2 Likes

Be thankful your disability is not so severe. But don’t trivialize the efforts you need to make. There will always be someone worse off but equally there will be some in a better position.

2 Likes

I agree with Mahoney, Loraine. I can see you put a lot of effort into this.
Well done. :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

Well done, I am full of admiration for you. Lilian

2 Likes

Hi. This morning I managed ,under the direction of my physio, to walk, stagger, six steps with a walking stick! The first time.LiliN

5 Likes

Thank you . Loshy for your comments. You were right I was exhausted and just slept for an hour! Lilian

2 Likes

@Loshy Loraine, your painting is fab. I am so in awe of anyone who can paint. I’m sure your grandson loved it. Even more admirable because of the carpal tunnel you are suffering. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

@Bobbi this is a fantastic achievement. You should be very proud xx

1 Like

@Colliwobble ive never been a motorcycle fan but well done on your outing. Maybe you’ll be able to do the 4-500 mile outing again soon. xx

2 Likes

@l_platt wow, go you, this is a fantastic achievement. You should be very proud. :blush::blush:

2 Likes

My small achievement. It has taken me a month to do & all been done with my affected hand. I have to thank Loraine @Loshy for this new hobby as despite it taking a long time I am finding it quite relaxing. :blush:

4 Likes

@Loshy why thank you, I never thought about framing any but I might just do that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I think that is so good especially with your weak hand Congratulations. Lilian

2 Likes

@l_platt Awwww thank you. That’s very kind xx

Morning Lorraine @Loshy . Sorry I am late to this, but well done. Battling your carpel tunnel and still achieving this is amazing. (I hope it goes well tomorrow BTW and that you are not too anxious). I have nearly finished number 3 now. Still enjoying it and that’s all that really matters. Julia x

2 Likes

@ZX1 follow this link:

I hope this is useful for you.

1 Like