World Stroke Day 2022

This year’s World Stroke Day (Saturday 29th October) coincides with the 13th anniversary :confetti_ball: of Public Health England’s (PHE) Act FAST campaign launch. :rocket:

To mark this moment of the campaign becoming a teenager we carried out a UK-wide survey of 1,000 teenagers (aged 13-19) and their parents. :family_man_girl_boy:

The survey revealed that awareness of stroke and the FAST test is low amongst teenagers and their parents. :exploding_head: Over half (54%) of UK teenagers unaware of the FAST acronym.

You can find out more on our website: World Stroke Day 2022 – ‘Pass FAST on’ campaign launch | My Stroke Guide

If you’d like to get involved, you can also use our form to write to your MP, :office_worker:t4: asking them to attend our reception about improving access to :brain: thrombectomy: Invite Parliamentary Reception Oct 22

2 Likes

Gosh, if that’s the case with FAST, can you imagine how few might recognise cerebellar stroke warning signs :hushed:

2 Likes

A terrifying thought @Rups !

1 Like

I sent the invite to my MP the other day. He has responded to say he’ll be there subject to parliamentary business. I hope thats the case.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting! I have written to the MP so let’s see what comes back.

2 Likes

Thank you @Mrs5K, @ZX1 and @LeannePB. Hopefully they’ll come along to the reception and get a better understanding of why this is so important.

4 Likes