Wirral Get Up and Go Stroke Club

Hi, anyone been to one of their events please?

I’m putting in my two pennorth, but I can’t help actually.

Lots of these organisations were virtually brought to a standstill by covid restrictions over meetings.

They are probably now thinking of starting up again.

If you want to know more you could join up and see what, if anything, they have to offer.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained. "

(Incidentally. My wife joined a carers group and together we took part in a Zoom call. They were friendly and we spent an enjoyable hour with them, just a couple of days ago.)

Zoom calls are relatively easy to set up if you have internet access, a PC, laptop or Smartphone.
I think rps is involved in something of the sort with a Welsh group.

I have also wondered if it would be worth setting up a regular Zoom call through this Forum for its members. The free version of Zoom restricts call length to 40 minutes but that is enough time to get something done. I’m not sure if I could maintain something like that alone, but it isn’t such a big deal. Perhaps I should start a new thread to discuss this.

Sorry I had no intention of hijacking this thread.

Just need a bit more confidence, struggle with new people, and be able to take the ‘L’ plate off my wheeler.

They go for lunch once a month and the theatre if something is on

Hi, there is a zoom call every monday at 11am for all Stroke Association members. I am waiting for joining instructions

Hopefully. The Zoom was for the Stroke Association Forum…

@a.clare71 this sounds great. Lunch & theatre would be a good way to get to know people. I hope you manage to do one. Let us know how you get on xx

I was talking to Liz Eddowes yesterday. Have you spokejn to Liz? She is the stroke association representative for the Wirral based in West Kirby i think. She was suggesting more and more activity starting up locally.

Im in Pensby are you Wirral based?