Why do I keep crying?

The stroke nurse in hospital mentioned Soy yogurt to me and I've tried that in the past but couldn't stomach the taste but I get the unsweetened Soy Milk (Alpro) and that's quite nice as a drink.  I still stick to normal red top skimmed milk on my cereal though as the Soy is very creamy in taste - a bit like putting Carnation on your Weetabix!

My pillow spray arrived yesterday.  Use it last night.  Slept well.  Thank you for the advice. 

Brill! - glad to hear it helped - Take care x

Haha - I'm not great with milky stuff, and have never liked yogurt, so I can't even go there!!  But have just done my online shopping and popped some soy milk into the cart, (it's quite expensive compared to cow's milk - or am I buying the wrong brand!?) I'll see what happens.  Most of my milk consumption is in coffee (sad) I'm just a coffee-holic, so hope it tastes ok in hot drinks.  Looked at the sleepy spray - as you said that's also quite expensive, so just for occasional use, although my sleep isn't too bad really as I haven't had a stroke.  

Did you ever change to a silk-filled duvet?  Another item which is more expensive!!  Think I'm just going to have to win the stroke lottery (if I can remember where I wrote down my number surprise)

Have a good w/end, xx

I only like Greek Yogurt and not a fan of normal yogurt either.  The Alpro I buy is £1.40 a carton (think there's a litre in) but I only drink one glass a day so it lasts me about 4/5 days.  Other than that, I only use skimmed milk on cereal as  neither me or hubby drink tea or coffee at home. We only drink coffee when we go out now.  We both gave up tea and coffee at home about ten years ago and just drink water or hubby will drink dilute orange but I stick to water. We both liked a lot of milk in our coffee at home and I was doing slimming world at the time so needed to cut down on the sugar - even skimmed milk had quite a bit of sugar in especially at the rate we put it in our coffee!  I keep some in for guests but,to be honest, we've got used to it now so never even think about putting the kettle on for us!

I'm still using the summer duvet at the mo which is 4.5 (I think) as opposed to 15 tog. It's much better on the feet, very little weight on the legs. I looked at the silk ones so maybe a thought for when the snow comes or our lotto numbers come up too wink

laugh xx

Had my bleed on brain in march this year followed by meningitis ....I was very tearful at start.....it does get better....still have bad days.get plenty of rest

Today we went into town and had a coffee in M & S. I was absolutely fine, felt OK no problems. Then they announced over the tannoy that there would be two mins silence in honour of those who fought and lost their lives in the war.  When it got to 11am, everyone stopped and stood up and time stood still.  I could feel the tears welling up inside of me and by the time the two mins had passed, I had tears streaming down my face.  I was suprised how emotional it made me but it's just a mix of the emotion of the moment and my stroke.  

My Grandad was killed in the 1st World War. He was shot at the age of 23. My Grandma was also 23 when he was killed and was left with my Mum who was a toddler and my triplet Aunties all aged 5 yrs.  My Grandma remarried my Grandad that I knew and went on to have another 2 children. Although my Mum never knew her father, she spoke of him often and I have photos of him and his war medals now my Mum and Dad have passed away too.  My brother has visited his grave in Belgium and brought back details and photos of his grave to show my Mum.  One can only imagine the heartache and suffering and hardship that followed for all the women back home during those days.  

So a very tearful day for me today when emotions went haywire in public but as Scarlet O'Hara so famously said... Tomorrow is another day.

We went to Hexham to their Remembrance Service and I found it so emotional today, mostly I was caught up in the service but a lot of it was stroke emotionality so you’re not alone. 

Lovely memories. I had an uncle die in WW1 and over time I realised that no one had ever visited his grave because his family was quite poor. I vowed I would go one day and, ten years ago, I did. I am lucky that Stroke did not bring out my capacity to cry, only my foul language. When  cooking today, I told an onion I was chopping to F*** off and later when a bit of egg shell got in the cake mix I addressed as ‘you b******!’. It’s fun in our kitchen!

I went to the cenotaph today on behalf of my Dad who is still in hospital he has never missed a service of remembrance . I shed tears also, I normally hold it together my husband to be is in the forces and I myself serve in the police so the professional side normal wins. Today thankfully in civics I couldn't help it i thought of Dad and of my grandad who I know my Dad thinks of on this special day. X

Nnnooooo! I can't believe you swear, you're such a gentleman!!  But clearly the onion and egg deserved it for causing you so much bother.

I've done the same as you & visited my Great-Uncle's grave in northern France.  For someone I never knew, the tsunami of emotion was totally unexpected.  I'm also the only one from my family who has made the trip, so felt a real sense of responsibilty, particularly to my Grandma.

We've just returned from the cinema, saw "They shall not grow old" (it's on BBC later this evening).  It was the first time we've been to the cinema since July 2017, as my husband finds it difficult to sit still for such a long time.  Well, it's another milestone to tick off - a very tough watch, but pleased that we now know we can resume another part of a social life!  

Have a good evening JJM, hope you've calmed down! xx 

Let's face it, if we're going to cry it may as well be at such an event as a remembrance service, as you know you won't be alone! Big hug to you & Dad xx

-i didn't realize this was part of havig had a stroke, i felt like a whimp when i started crying watching a (very good) film about  someone with dementia and his family, btw i am  (was) 6 foot 1, 17 stone male mma  fighter. i'm still 6 foot 1, 17 stone (now a whimp , lol).

pp i edited in whimp, because my original description was censored, lol

Yes, calm now. I watched They Shall Not Grow Old and thought it quite brilliant. Like you, when I stood in front of my uncle’s grave, I wept (and had not expected to). I imagined him waiting and waiting for someone to visit and, at last, I did.

Can't believe these posts get edited, I think after everything SS have suffered I don't think a few bad words are going to stress them out!!

A very powerful film/documentary, I just about managed to watch it all, although had eyes closed at some of the sights.  Strangely I felt very weird seeing the state of the mens' teeth - amid all the horrific things going on, I dwelt on that for some reason.  We've recorded the programme, but I don't think I'll watch it again any time soon - too tough.  However I feel that I should return to the grave in the future, it's the least I can do.  

My husband is having a few tricky days at the moment, he's very busy, and I'm fearful he'll push himself too far. I'm just trying not to get myself in a pickle about it, and am learning that I have to let these things pass.

Have a good evening, ?

Hi Nic, 

That's the perfect response to your husband decisions.  It shows him the respect he's earned while having a eye on the situation and being ready to support him when needed.??  I'm sure you know us S.S's learn best the hard way sadly. I'm also sure because you love him you'll find sitting back really tough but hopefully if he gets tired this time he won't be keen to do it again. Well you can hope so he is a man after all.  Sorry guys. ??

Kay xx

I noticed the teeth as well. In my parent’s time, people often had all their teeth out when they were 21. It saved paying dentists.

Alas, we Ss do tend to overdo it. I realised the other week that there is no point in doing so. It is too exhausting. So slow and steady is the order of the day. However,  I cheered up this afternoon, as some of the ladies in my exercise class told me that I had improved so much since starting the class a year ago. They said they had noticed that I was now using my weak arm more and they can see the difference.

Enjoy your evening too.

? indeed!!  We've never been an argumentative couple ... until strokes-ville ? this too will pass xx