Why are mornings so difficult

Vediamo lunedi ??

Ciao tutti xx

It will absolutely help!!!  You might not look at it for the first month or so, but you will be amazed at what you've achieved in a short space of time.  I've also referred to mine to settle disagreements - I am the Oracle!!

I finished work on Wednesday past to go on a few weeks leave whickh will take me up to my early retirement day (at 55 and a bit years old). My mini-stroke 4 years ago has, thankfully, left me mainly unscathed, apart from not being able to remember names or switch between parts of my job as quickly as I used to. My TIA is not the reason I chose to go early, but it was the trigger. I realised that there is more to life than work - certainly the type of work I was doing (9-5 in an office environment).

I have no definite plans, but I will find something interesting to occupy me. Whether it's a paid job (part-time, most likely), volunteering, doing more articles for my blog, taking up a new hobby, writing another book.....the options are endless.

I'm fortunate that my small pension will keep the wolves from the door, which I know not everyone can have access to.

This is my first weekend where I'm not preparing to go back to work on a Monday, and it feels great.

At the end of the day, if finances permit, there is life outside of work.

Congratulations, Adrian, we hope you thoroughly enjoy your retirement and hope everything works out well for you. Looking forward to hearing how you get on, V&J 

I retired at 64. My only regret is that I didnt retire at 63. Any earlier and I would not have had the pensions I am now enjoying. Well retirement was by far the best stage in life. I resent that I lost this idyllic stage after just three years when the stroke got me.I hope you will get the enjoyment that I got. 

best wishes

Colin

Very best wishes for a long, happy and healthy retirement 

I'm in same situation.My mother had a stroke and there was only me to sort out a care home her finances and her house 200 miles away. Same with mornings and no one to help or really talk to about it without sounding like the victim. It all will pass eventually I'm sure but it seems overwhelming.

Dear Mac

The stroke association helps carers. My local stroke group has one day a week for carers only. They even have a couple of days out. You need the support of fellow carers. And no doubt can exchange tips and advice. Carers need to be fit, so look after yourself. You cant help Mum if you collapse, so pace things.

Well done for sticking with Mum despite the logistics problem.

Colin

Thanks Colin 

Hahaha! It’s good to read past posts and it has cheered me up tonight. Why didn’t I remember we’d dismissed Mondays? Well, tomorrow is Wednesday and I’m going to take it easy as I have a heavy head cold. Don’t know where all the water is coming from and my head must be dissolving, lol! So, does anyone want to raise their cup at 11.00 am tomorrow? Mine’s a hot chocolate. ? oh! And a piece of ?! V&J 

Poor you. Get well soon! ?? x

I would love to join you for coffee and cake at 11: 00. But will be starting my second session of the week at the gym. So I'll join in just after 12 when I've earned it. ☕☕??

Goody! I’ll hang on for you! It has been good to have something to smile about. Colin’s medicine! It works for John as well ??

Hi V & J,

Just back from the gym.  ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️ I wish !!!!!

Washing ect sorted and coffee made Hooray! ☕☕

Relax while drinking and plan what I'm cooking for dinner!

Hope the cold is easing ??

I’m just gonna have to have another one! In the salon waiting for John to have his toes  and finger nails cut (I only did it for him once and cut his toe - eek!). Also treated him to a back massage. ??  well, it is Valentine’s Day tomorrow. I nipped into Tesco for emergency food and going home to recuperate! The Stroke has robbed John of so much independence. Xx I’ll raise my ? to you again at 2.30 ?

Suffering from woolly brain - seen this too late to raise a cup, but I'm having coffee & hot cross bun soon, so will arrive late to the party ? ☕️ Hope I didn't generously donate my germs to you Veronica, as I've had a grotty cold as well, trying not to pass that on to my husband ?

Half-term next week, so can spend some time together, drag 'himself' out for a bracing walk maybe ???‍♀️??‍♂️ xx  Take good care

Too kind ?