When will the tiredness end?

Hi Loraine
Thank you for that. I am going to try and fight it and think of it as a project (a great idea of yours). I have never fought for myself -good at fighting for others but not for me. So its about time I took a stand :grin:.Its so good to have advice and support and advice from you and others who understand how a stroke can effect your life. Again thank you. Rebecca :blush:

1 Like

Good luck with your project. I’m glad you’re going to fight it. I’m still shocked by the way you were treated. If you need any advice fire away on here someone will no doubt be able to help. Best of luck xx

Thank you. I have read it I think it will be of use. i am going to take advice. Thank you very much. Rebecca

1 Like

My work is a mix of physical and mental tasks. It’s the mental tasks that tire me the most, such as following a wiring diagram to diagnose a problem. Anything I have to concentrate on.
Could it be your work is high concentration, and could you find something less mentally taxing?

I don’t think anyone understands fatigue until they have experienced it. I am lucky enough to be able to walk OK and find walking a couple of miles quite easy - analysing a serious document and I need immediate rest.

1 Like

This seems to be the case. When people say, I am exhausted, it doesn’t even come close to neurological fatigue. People are baffled as to how I can spend an hour sawing wood quite content and not wiped, yet sitting with a group of people chatting can drain me completely. I can hoover the house with little fatigue issues, yet going down to the Post Office shatters me. Sometimes, sitting in bed thinking drains me, yet playing a video game for an hour refreshes me. There are many theories about neurological fatigue, I think I understand much of it but there are some curiosities to it that remain. The reboot or reset makes sense, and I am convinced there is something in the presupposed memory function of the brain that plays a big part of it.

I’m not putting this up as a cure-all but relaxation/meditation can provide an energy boost sometimes. A short 5-10 minute period in the zone might help pick you up when you are beginning to droop.

Then, again, maybe not. Sometimes fatigue means lie down and take a serious break.

Anything is worth a try :slightly_smiling_face:

Bob

2 Likes