When they all go

Having been in hospital for 4 days, then having everybody come see you when at hame and my grandson stay with me for Easter it hits you like a rock when they all leave back to there normal lives and. We have to revert back so hard

3 Likes

Hi Mickeyboy. I’m afraid that after the visitors we come back to the reality of living with stroke. Others have little understanding of stroke and it’s after effects.I still get occasional comments suggesting that I’m not doing enough to get back to ‘normal’ life where I can come and go as I please. I have to ignore that and just do the best I can to make my daily life as good as it can be. Stroke can be a very lonely place, but it’s best not to dwell on it. Hope you cheer up soon.

2 Likes

Hi Mickyboy! The hospital is miserable. And yes, it’s a hard thing to accept that “life goes on”. I’ve finally come to the realization that I have to make my own little universe as joyful as I can. I have to do it myself. No one else can do it for me. I try to read good books, do crosswords, enjoy the sunshine and nature and watch funny shows on the television—keep my mind busy with happy things. What else can we do, but the best as we can with what we have? Hope you feel better and brighter soon. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

5 Likes

@Mickyboy it is a difficult time when, after lots of visits, everyone returns to their lives & we are left to continue in our own way. Can feel quite lonely. Hopefully you can find something to do to take your mind of it. Take care x

it takes me a long time to do it, but still do it.
on a separate note, I am practising on a keyboard to give my fingers more dexterity. It takes so long to do, but so rewarding