What to expect in nursing home

My husband had his second massive brain bleed in June and in November was transferred, fully funded, to a local nursing home. He is totally dependent and has very little speech, the only thing he can still do is feed himself, from a spoon, with help.
I was hoping that he might be offered therapy and rehab. but the home seems only to expect to keep him safe and warm. The Community stroke team have him on their books but they say they are in great demand.
Am I being unrealistic in expecting my husband to make any improvement? Visiting the home is limited, so I don’t feel there is much I can do myself.

Dear Vicq
So very sorry to learn of your husbands parlous situation.
Stroke recovery is extremely slow, two years being quite common a period to retrieve some action.
There is always hope that your husband will start a recovery . In the meantime the home is keeping him safe and warm and fed.

You are not being unrealistic to hope for some improvement.

I was 90% paralysed and in just a few days I got out of bed and walked. Miracles do happen.
Colin

I don’t know if this might help with regards limited visiting. My friend went into residential care this summer, she has Alzheimer’s Disease. She has been getting very distressed, so the home has reclassified one of her daughters as a main carer, so that she can visit more frequently and for longer periods of time.