What I iwsh I'd known

Hi. This is my first post so be gentle with me. I am now 1 year post stroke and have achieved a number of goals including running a 5k. In pre-stroke life running was a regular part of my life. However, since April I have had a number of post stroke seizures. The first on a plane going to Canada. I didn't know what it was at the time and it went on for about 5 hours! Started on my right side , but spread to my core. I've had 6 more (I think)since then and blacked out with one. I am now on medication which keeps being increased each time I have another one. I also have mediaction to take when they start - it works, but makes me very tired. I just wish I had known what was happening in April and that it was a possibility with the bleed I had being on the surface of my brain. It feels as though I am getting worse at times not better and it is hard to remember what I have achieved from beibg paralysed down my right side in November last year.

Hi Jackie and welcome.  You were very brave travelling to Canada so soon.  I'm 2 years plus post stroke and still don't have the courage to fly anywhere so I take my hat off to you for that one.  You sound to have had a pretty rough time since your very first stroke.  My stroke was a clot so I'm not familiar with problems with bleeds on the brain.  I'm very lucky that I haven't had any further problems since my first stroke so a bit lost as to what to suggest.  Maybe take it easy for a while and see if they ease off or see if there is any other medication that's not so tiring.  There are a lot of people on here who have had bleeds so they may be able to help more than me.  Take care x