We're at the UK Stroke Assembly - North!

Hi everyone!

We're in Manchester for the UK Stroke Assembly - North today and tomorrow (Monday 4 June and Tuesday 5 June 2018). We are demonstrating My Stroke Guide on our interactive touch screen, and posting some updates from the event here.  

I have attached a copy of the itinerary. Feel free to have a look through, and if you have any questions, comment below!

Andrew 

Hi, this looks good! I have aphasia, will I manage to come another year? Thank you.

Hi Paul,

Yes! In fact, many attendees have aphasia. We also hold workshops for people with aphasia at the UK Stroke Assembly.

There is plenty of help at the Assembly. We can support you in any way you need.

If you would like to join us next year, you can check the Stroke Association website for updates later in the year: https://www.stroke.org.uk/finding-support/uk-stroke-assembly

Thanks for replying, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Andrew laugh

Good morning!

We're starting the second day of UKSA with a research session. Hilary Reynolds CBE, Executive Director of Strategy and Research at the Stroke Association, is introducing the panel.

#strokeassembly

Professor Dame Caroline Watkins, UK Stroke Forum Chair Elect, discusses the ambitions of the new National Stroke Plan. 

#strokeassembly

It's great to hear from stroke survivor Cathy Rice on why she loves being involved in research.

Lisa Hinton, researcher at the University of Oxford, has worked with Cathy in developing a research project into blood pressure monitoring after a stroke or TIA.

#strokeassembly

We just held a session about My Stroke Guide!

Some of our delegates had fantastic ideas for development. Thank you all for your help!

If you have any ideas for future developments on My Stroke Guide, comment below or email mystrokeguide@stroke.org.uk smiley

#strokeassembly 

We've come to the end of the UKSA - North. Thank you to all who attended!

Our UKSA - South takes place on Monday 10 July and Tuesday 11 July 2018. We will be posting more from the exhibition stands, and give you the opportunity to ask more questions. smiley

#strokeassembly