Weight struggle

Hi everyone I’m 56 years :slightly_smiling_face: just a bit confused to why I find it hard to loose weight I had a stroke in 2020 and I’m eating 3 meals a day try as much exercise as my body can take and don’t eat after 6pm and 7 weeks on my weight has stayed the same not budged can anyone help

Hi, I really wish I knew the answer to this one. I’m 6 years post stroke and still struggling to lose some weight. I eat well and have a healthy diet. I lost a stone whilst in hospital but soon put that back on once I had settled back at home.

I can only put this down to not being as active these days. I try to exercise as much as I can but obviously that just isn’t enough. The only good thing I can say is that my weight isn’t increasing, I would just like to lose a few pounds.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most interested to hear them.

Regards Sue

Thanks sue, I can not do anymore than I’m doing now my batteries are wearing out :see_no_evil: come on advice of as many people whose having the same problem please

I have the opposite problem. I’ve lost almost 4 stone since my stroke & am trying to find ways to put weight back on :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

You’re probably not as active as pre stroke so will find it harder to lose weight. @Chlodog has some good suggestions though. Portion size, smaller plates may also be worth looking at.

Morning all.

I’m no expert, just wanted to input…

I had a TIA in December 2022, and spent a week in hospital. The hospital food was marvellous but I did wonder if I was going to starve! The portion sizes were small by comparison (home) but I never went hungry. For me, my weight and BMI was a smidge over but not a problem per se.

Discharged and back home, I’d lost 5lb. And I’ve kept the smaller portion sizes - and also added more fruit, veg and salad to my diet. Whereas I’d have a big plate of ‘something’, it’s now half (or less) with more vegetables or a salad. If I snack, I’m just careful with it. And my bedtime cuppa is with 3 biscuits, not half the packet!

Last time I checked, I’d lost 13lb. I now don’t climb the walls when hungry - and it’s nice to eat less and more healthily.

Jonty.

1 Like