Waves of emotions and fatigueu

Hi

It is now 10 weeks from my stroke and 8 weeks from my discharge.

I still waiting for my follow up appointment. 

I am doing ok - fairly independent, doing most things. Still have tingling down my left side which is getting better very slowly.

Have my first session with mind matters on Friday. I think some sort of assessment.

Feeling a bit lost at the moment. Sort of abandoned. My emotions and fatigue are very variable. They seem to come in wave. I have a few days if being fine, then can have a few days of either being emotional or tired( or both)

I have just had a couple of weeks of being quite stable from an emotional point of view and now it seems to be back with a vengeance!

Does this sound normal to anybody else?

I know it is still very early days, and I  am doing well. I just feel I am getting a hang on things and then it goes down hill again.

Hi,

Everything you have described is normal. Remember you have had an injury to your brain and just like any other injury it takes time to heal. Brains can take a little longetr though! Everyone on this site will understand and be able to offer support in a variety of ways. One thing that may help is the Here For You telephone support service offered by the Stroke Association. You can, I think, self refer via the Stroke Association website. I volunteer for it as a Lived Experience volunteer, and wish this was available when I had my stroke 2 1/2 years ago. Listen to your body and if you are fatigued rest! All the best. Jackie

Thanks

I have been matched with a telephone support  person through the stroke society - it starts next week so I hope that will helps. 

I have also had a telephone consultation with the GP this morning. I think things are just a bit slow due to covid. He said he would see if he could chase things up - I wait and see.

Jane

Jane, Unfortunately, this is fairly normal. I remember fatigue coming and going and mood swings. All I can say is 'hang on'. Try to remember those things that have seen you through life so far and try anything that will support you. My exercise classes for old codgers have just re-started and do me the world of good. When I started them a few years ago there was a lot I couldn't do, but I improved. Have gone backwards a bit during lockdown, but just being in company cheered me up. Hang in there!

Thanks. I am learning to live with these frustrations.

I think at the moment because I have not had my follow up appointment, and things are very new it's taking time to adjust.

Feeling reassured by the replies.

Also the GP has been in touch with the stroke clinic this morning and am (just needed the reassurance) on the list for follow up but there is a back log!

I think it is just the lack of knowing!

Definitely forcing myself to do things is making more positive. I just need to keep going. Small goals for each day!

Thanks

Thanks. I am learning to live with these frustrations.

I think at the moment because I have not had my follow up appointment, and things are very new it's taking time to adjust.

Feeling reassured by the replies.

Also the GP has been in touch with the stroke clinic this morning and am (just needed the reassurance) on the list for follow up but there is a back log!

I think it is just the lack of knowing!

Definitely forcing myself to do things is making more positive. I just need to keep going. Small goals for each day!

Thanks