Walking

Totally agree, my very first post was from the A&E waiting room and there’s not been a day since when I haven’t visited the Forum and gained some help and comfort. So thanks @Bobbi and all the other members that have helped me so much :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks Bobbie your words are well said, determination is the key ,just walked into the healt ventrup 9 steps and 50 m walk back down and into the car . weight 10 kg, waiting on blood tests BP a bit up

3 Likes

Fully agree about pushing on BUT at last I can recognise the need to let the brain rest and recover from its fatigue although the body is able to go on. I now have a day-bed in the lounge for lunchtime recovery, great, but find that I am still there mid afternoon

Fully agree I have an adjustable chair recliner which is my base during the day it took me a full year for my brain to rest and calm down, resting both is key

Love hearing about people’s successes. Well done ,doesn’t it feel great when you manage to achieve mini goals.

I never kept a diary before my stroke, Now I keep a note book and every now and then write up my achievements. Sometimes I use the notebook just to jot down feelings,even the bad ones.

Here is my achievement this week. When I came home from hospital; 18 months ago, I was just about able to walk with a zimmer. Yesterday, I walked without my stick,…and didn’t even take it with me, to my local shops. Living in an area with potentially a steep hill to return home, my husband and I walked back the easier route. I never thought 18 months ago that I would ever be able to walk without the zimmer, but I have kept on going and followed advice from the physio, gym instructor and so on.

Living by the motto ‘JUST DO IT’ . It’s not been easy, and is often tiring, but I am keeping at it.

1 Like

Yes we can I am on another mission to lose some weight, the nursesweighed me on Friday I’m 100kg was 83 while in hospital, have started a kettle weight regime to burn calories on top of my exercise bike work out
Managing 100 swings a day on under 4 minutes with a 4 kg weight will up it to 10kg when I am able and can balance the swings

1 Like

@Crazicatapila amazing achievement. you’re doing great. Won’t be long & you’ll be going up that hill. xx

1 Like

My long term aim is to get back to fell walking !!

1 Like

I have just clocked up 3 miles on the exercise bike while engaging my handswithe playstation.

My physio is doing research into the positive effects of computer games on stroke recovery, my spacial awareness is getting better already

2 Likes

Wow @mrfrederickson i take my hat off to you. Multi tasking is outwith my capabilities at the mo. Well done to you…you’re making great progres.

2 Likes

Have just got in after a lovely autumnal walk in the woods with my husband. Our first walk on dirt paths…if you get what I mean…and the challenges posed by tree roots growing across paths etc.

Ph how heavenly it was to seen the autumn sun through the leaves on the trees, and the fantastic seasonal colours. When I download the photos I will try to add one or two

@Crazicatapila that sounds fabulous. I’m looking forward to the day I can go for long walks again. Some beautiful colours out there at the moment xx

1 Like

Great exercise and a real achieve ment well dom good recovery stock freei am assuming :+1:

@Crazicatapila :+1:

I’m sure that experience will be motivation to venture out more.
Don’t forget that rest is an important part of rehabilitation too.
Put your photos up. That will be a booster too.

Keep on keepin’ on

:walking_woman:

I promised I would share some photos from my walk earlier this week. Gorgeous autumn, Makes you glad Ito be alive.
Fiona

4 Likes

Lovely photos. I do so love the colours of autumn xx

1 Like

Certainly does Flora, beautiful pictures making recovery that much sweeter

1 Like

Following my reply to your post I decided to eject a game from my PS4,big mistake it was low down and resulted in me taking a toll on the floor s bit unexpected but remember ed my getting back up process and back to my chair, what excitement

1 Like

Crazicatapila-- Beautiful photos. It must have been a glorious walk! It must be wonderful to live where there are REAL WOODS! I live in California, so I don’t see much of that. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

@Crazicatapila thanks for showing us those pictures. You’ll be out and about more I’ve no doubt. Those pictures will be lovely memories one day.

Keep on keepin’ on

:smiley:

1 Like