Venturing into the kitchen

There’s machines out there. I think they’re friendly.

We have a number of kitchen appliances that have been added to our kitchen over time.

They, each in their own way, facilitate different styles and forms of cooking, making all sorts of edibles possible.
One such device is a bread maker. Apart from the obvious function of making a loaf it can be very versatile.

Use it to make dough and a number of options become available.
Here’s a list, but it isn’t complete. It can be added to an improved.

Yeast dough can be used to make naan bread, very tasty with some home made garlic butter.

It can also be used to make a pizza base, cover with tomato puree and herbs, followed with grated cheese and any toppings you fancy and you have something tasty to eat.

Equally you could use the dough to make some soft bread rolls lovely buttered with a bowl of soup.

Maybe something sweet is more to your taste, try cinnamon rolls, delightful to share, not impossible to make.

Then again you could make doughnuts. Make a batch of dough, freeze half for another day, and if you have a deep fat fryer make a few into balls, fry them, roll them in sugar, make a slit in them and spoon in apple sauce, jam, or whatever takes your fancy.

The bread maker largely looks after itself and the dough it produces can be used in many ways without too much effort.
If you have one pull it out from the back of the cupboard and make yourself into a chef.

I could produce specific recipes with more details for these delights if there is any interest.

There’s something going on in that there kitchen.

Keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

You seem very domestic!
:slight_smile:

We’ll have to set up a joint blog and put our heads together for the air fryer recipes! Since you mentioned the donuts I’ve been keen to try other things out too. This morning I’m making the age old favourite, sprinkle school cake, I’ll let you know how it goes! :star_struck:

2 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh yup Simon in an f***ing Gordon Ramsay sort of way !!

@CommunityAdmin with pictures and, if its not a secret, the recipe too, please…

As requested by Bobbi, here is a pic of the school cake I made this morning! I couldn’t find a square cake tin to bake it in so a round one will have to do…! Below you’ll find the recipe, I knicked this one from BBC Good Food, here’s hoping it tastes as good as it looks! :see_no_evil:

Ingredients :birthday:

• 200g butter softened, plus extra for the tin
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 200g self-raising flour
  • 50ml milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 200g icing sugar
  • coloured sprinkles
  • hot custard, to serve (optional)

Method :hotsprings:

• STEP 1

Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 20 x 30cm cake tin and line flour. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for a few minutes until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, flour, milk and vanilla and beat again until you have a smooth batter.

• STEP 2

Scrape the batter into the prepared tin, spread right to the corners and smooth the surface. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, checking at 5 min intervals if it isn’t ready after 45 mins. Leave the sponge to cool on a wire rack.

Alex :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:astonished:

this to meet 20c needs - @CommunityAdmin do think that restriction c/sh-ould be removed?

Cool cake btw :slight_smile:

Very clever of you, Bobbi–wish I’d read your thoughts on bread makers 15 years ago, when I sold mine after deciding we didn’t make that many loaves of bread for just me and my husband. Oh well. Maybe some day I’ll get another. Thanks for the ideas. :yum: Jeanne

2 Likes

@axnr911 you don’t necessarily need all the bells and whistles, something with a dough cycle will do just fine. It takes all the hard work and time watching out of it. I must admit I don’t use it all the time but it is very handy to have.
:+1:
@CommunityAdmin
Thanks for the recipe. I’ve noted it down. The candle is very impressive and the sprinkles are awesome.
:smiley:

2 Likes

@CommunityAdmin
That BBCGoodFood.com site is an excellent and vast source of material, in my experience.
I’ve found the recipes to be well set out and reliable with measurements, methods and ingredients I understand.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, we just tested it and it was really good! Had it with custard and I am glad I only had a small piece, its quite rich!

1 Like

Thanks Simon, the cake was good in the end, but very rich!

I don’t see us removing the character count as its been set up that way for security reasons.

What security?
Abcde