Vaccine or not?

Hi,

In these strange times I'm very curious to know if anyone is very reserved or even anti covid vaccine and why?

My fear of clots and another stroke outweighs my fear of covid. Does anyone else share this thought? 

I have had my vaccine and was very grateful. My first stroke was five years ago (haemorrhage) and a second mild one last May (small clot). I am also diabetic and on the very vulnerable list. I am 77 and time limited, but I hope for a few years yet. Having the vaccine was a no brainer.Since my childhood vaccines have virtually eliminated diseases like Polio. Couldn't bare my arm fast enough. I'm on a blood thinner anyway.

Absolutely no for me!  No hesitation whatsoever - I'm going for my 2nd dose next Friday.  I'm 68 and have had two strokes. First was a blood clot and a full blown stroke affecting left side and the second a TIA last October which was 2 small blood clots and a tiny bleed. I'm also pre-diabetic.  For me, the fear of catching covid far outweighs any fears of having another stroke. 

I look at the evidence that 56 people out of umpteen million that have had the vaccine with no side effects is less risk than me having another stroke anyway.  More people lose their lives from flu every year.  I am also looking forward to seeing all my friends again and wouldn't want to put any of them or my family at risk by not having it.  It's so deadly because you can pass it on without even knowing you are transmitting the virus.

So for me personally, it's a no brainer as John says.

I opted to have the vaccine. However I am on a blood thinner. Best wishes

Hilary

Hi Brenda, yes my husband was the same - he couldn't wait to get his sleeve rolled up!!  He's in the vulnerable group, as he had a liver transplant in 2004, so he knew he wouldn't have too long to wait!!  We are both due our 2nd dose on 17th April.  No side effects, slightly sore arm but nothing else.  I'll echo you and John Jeff "no brainer"!!  xxx

Aw, poor Mr NicABella kiss  He has had a tough time. x

I am on a blood thinner but even if I was not there is no question about getting vaccinated against this dreadful and fatal virus. I WILL CHOOSE TO GET VACCINATED. Blood clots unfortunately are natural occurences whether you have been vaccinated or not. I have had my first jab and I am looking forward to having my second dose. ☺ I had an ischemic stroke almost 4 years (28 April 2017) ago. 

I am 57 - had 1st Pfizer vaccine in January and 2nd last month-I work in a hospital and that’s why I have had them quite quickly after both I just suffered from a sore arm for a few days.

I had a CVST in 2017 after lots of tests the opinion was that it was caused by a virus I was told that the Stoke I had is very rare. The Covid virus is also causing people to have this form of stroke and I do personally know someone that this has happened to. Would be interesting to know the figures for how many covid patients have had this type of stroke, the emphasis seems to be on the Astra Zeneca vaccine causing people to have a CVST but what percentage of those people may have had covid at the time having their vaccine but not showing any symptoms  ? Sorry am rambling a bit here ... I was eager to have the vaccine as wanted to limit the risk of me catching a virus which could potentially cause another CVST. 

I have had the vaccine and coincidentally a couple of weeks later I  felt so ill I thought I was having another stroke and ended up in A&E .developed a blood clot in the leg and was put on blood thinners. No history of blood clots in the family and the GP has no idea why I've had it. No idea if it was the vaccine because this does anyone have any ideas or is it just a coincidence

I have had the vaccine and coincidentally a couple of weeks later I  felt so ill I thought I was having another stroke and ended up in A&E .developed a blood clot in the leg and was put on blood thinners. No history of blood clots in the family and the GP has no idea why I've had it. No idea if it was the vaccine but does anyone have any ideas or is it just a coincidence?I have now had my second dose so far with no ill affects

It may be a coincidence. My first stroke was a bleed, but a year ago I had a second minor stroke caused by a small clot. No strokes or clots elsewhere in the family. Am also now on blood thinners. Had my two Pfizer jabs with no effect other than a sore arm and a bit of tiredness after the second jab, but I still have fatigue from after the first stroke.

I think it's just coincidence, unless it was the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.  My husband and I had the Moderna vaccine.  Had no reaction after the first shot.  After the second, felt ill that night (fever, nausea) but the next day symptoms were gone.  Seems typical.  I've never heard of a reaction 2 weeks later.  However, the news did mention that a few (I think 8) people had blood clots from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.  In fact, it was off the market briefly because of it.  It was a miniscule amount of people, considering millions were vaccinated.  I haven't heard of this from the other brands.  I am on blood thinners, too.  And I'm glad.  I don't worry about having another stroke now.smiley

The Government have just released this information. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-and-blood-clotting?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=bbea7b40-87b6-4e12-8652-25028cd233e8&utm_content=daily

I'm with you. Short term pain for hopefully long term gain.  I had my first AZ jab end of Jan.  2nd in April. 1st jab I had headaches for 3 days, nothing with 2nd. Yes it must be awful if someone you love falls ill post jab but to repeat overused phrases we're living in unprecedented times.  No qualms about the jabs just grateful there was 1 available 

I had the 1st AZ jab on 11th of March and had no issues, bit sore same as the flu jab. I had a major cerebellum infarct three years ago last October. Looking forward to having my Second end of this month.

People have been scared witless with regards this vaccine. No medicines are without risk. None whatsoever. And as for blood clots, well 100's of things can cause clots, including flying on passenger aircraft  where the chance of forming a clot is about 1000% more likely than the vaccine causing it !! Don't make the wrong choice folks. Get vaccinated !!

I had my second Astra Zeneca vaccine last week. 

No problems for me other than a mildly sore injection site for a day or two after my first jab. 

Hi - Most of us I believe are on some sort of blood thinner so I would say we are at less risk than most of getting a blood clot. I have had my 2nd and no trouble it literally is the luck of the draw my neice had a terrible reaction and was in hospital a few days but even she says take the vaccine !!! Dont be scared x

Hi - Most of us I believe are on some sort of blood thinner so I would say we are at less risk than most of getting a blood clot. I have had my 2nd and no trouble it literally is the luck of the draw my neice had a terrible reaction and was in hospital a few days but even she says take the vaccine !!! Dont be scared x

My stroke was haemorrhagic so I didn't have blood thinners.