Unsure and afraid

Well done, Kay. It’s always brilliant to take an extra step, Veronica 

Thanks! I'm going to do some refresher driving lessons with a driving instructor just to boost my confidence.  Feels odd as I passed my driving test 38 years ago. 

Another wise decision lol! We’d planned lessons for John but,,,,,,DVLA,,,, too long is story for tonight! Suffice to say they wore John down so he decided not to drive again. It may have been a wise decision. Who knows! Off to my bed as I’ve had a looong day. Veronica 

Night! Night! Sleep well xx??

Hi Patsy, 

Sorry to hear about your Mum. My Mum had a major stroke in June this year and was in hospital till August. She has been left with left side paralysis and is in a wheelchair. Thankfully she can still communicate. Mum came home and has carers in four times a day. Unfortunately a week after mum came home Dad was rushed to hospital and I have ended up giving up my job to look after Mum. Its the hardest job I've ever done. Mum is very demanding and often says horrible things. I know it's not her talking but the stroke affecting her but it bloody hurts. I stay overnight 3 nights a week to give Dad a break but am there every day. I hope things settle for you soon.xx

Thanks Sarah. The physio had mum standing yesterday with the use of some hoist thing. So happy that they are pushing her. You give me so much hope because your dad is still improving. Have a lovely day. Xx

Excellent well done. Xx

Oh I really feel for you. It is so difficult to watch them struggle with things. My mum is constantly asking for a drink of water and can't understand why we aren't giving her it. I keep explaining but it doesn't seem to stick. If you ever need a chat you know how to contact me. Thank you for your message. Xx

A sideways response is that we need therapy and physio long after discharge. Many NHS areas give a six week package whereby a team come to your home. Very occasionaly this can be 12 weeks. I am almost thee years. And my disability is mild. But I still have (private) therapy and really need lots more. Once discharged in to family care, the NHS do their best but they are not geared up for stroke survivors. It is very much down to the SS to get the help they need.

I feel for you and your brothers Patsy. And wish you good luck

Colin

Thanks! xx

Thank you. Xx