Triedness

Thankyou des ,OCD is shocking doesn't matter how much you try not to do stuff you just do,it drives me mad some days .yes in my mind it's like going crazy then my chatter monkeys start lol ...I'm determined to try and go back to work full time in September I need to try it for my piece of mind ,it I can't manage it I will try a different department ,thankyou for your help...I am going to see the GP about the OCD ,I've never addressed it before but think my brain needs a helping hand now ,have a good day ...pippy 

Just been back from holiday do not do much so just done my first walk, boy it's hot, sweat is running of me and I am so tried but glad I went on  a longer walk ?now watch some cricket online and have a rest ? des x

There are meds that can help a lot your GP should be able to help. They did and do help me that is for sure yes there are some side effects but is better then having the OCD as it once was. Have you though about going part time first to ease the process of going back to work. The stroke as shown me there is more to life then work but then I am almost 62 lol

I will consider meds ,but not too keen ,I have to go back for financial reasons ,I'm 58 so not far behind ,and 62 now days is young ..pippy 

With a stroke it does not feel like being young lol you can get ESA and work 16 hours if working full time is too much all the best des x

Thankyou des it's definitely something to think about ,thanks again...pippy 

I have been told to be selfish for oonce ( as hard as it sounds they are right! even though I dont like it) judging by your profile pic you have a little one ,, do it for the little one get your strength and courage for them. my little one was struggling to reach me on my hospital bed with my first stroke (I was 27 and my daughter was almost 2 but we both learnt how to work to gether to get her in my arms by jumping when i was lifting her to get her high enough to carry her with my good arm,( even now i still dont trust my left arm no matter what Im doing; even the shopping)). I just wish i can take the advice I give to other people.. What advice would you give to yourself Pippy? and  take it please chuck. X             love is a powerful thing and so are our hearts!

Morning  little one is my newest and last grandaughter ,she's the last of my 14 grandchildren ...I had my stroke in April she was born in may last year ...I think the advice I would give to myself is to try and stop worrying ,enjoy each and everyday,learn to say no at work and out of work ,give my family unconditional love,even during the tough times ,and not be so hard on myself ...listening to you with your lil ones you found away round it to lift them up and hug them ,brilliant and inspirational ....pippy 

Well been to church walk there and back spent about two hours there then about half past four went with my daughter to local park for a walk now rest watch sport this afternoon and evening ?

Great advice now times that by 14  pippy. neillypooes x

Trying x

What good advice. My new stroke team member said almost the same thing when she called at my home today. She said to manage your triedness  easier said them done but my wife was with me and she said the same thing so best do as I am told for a change  des x

We have to try desx

Indeed we do ? x

?x

Hello Pippy, did you make any further progress with your OCD? I had OCD as a child (physical not mental), and it has resurfaced a bit since my stroke. For me, it is not unpleasant because it is the physical kind and mild, so I have to arrange things in certain orders, or correct an object if it feels out of line. I have to have routines, and follow certain personal procedures. 

Hi Rups mine is similar to yours and Like yourself has been made worse since the stroke ..mine is routine and objects have to be a certain way and even down to the crease in the middle of duvet cover it has to be in the middle of the bed ,I have so many ,and it effects me mentally because if it's not a certain way I fear something bad will happen ...anyway I'm seeing the psychologist who is very good and finding ways for me to cope ,and now she's bought in a third phycologist to work with me aswell ,so I am getting the help but it's all down to me and if I can break the habits ,it's so frustrating,I have also since the stroke bought to the forefront what I had hidden away so now having to deal with that too,but I'm sure I will get there just got to stay positive and thank god I'm still here ...how's you .pippy 

Hello Pippy, yes, same here, if something is not right I feel as if something bad will occur. When I was a child I used to have to turn the key in my front door a specific way and hear the click and feel the pressure on my thumb. If I didn't feel that combination, sometimes, I would get halfway to school and turn back and walk home to turn the lock again! I still have it but milder, but it is still there, I have to tell my brain that things will be fine if I don't do this thing and what I am thinking is nonsense, but then I sometimes still do it anyway because the thought wins! I had therapy for my OCD as a child, and had to learn to make a mess. I had to do things like make a purposeful mess, and leave it. Walk away from it. It was really tough at the time. I used to feel like I was going to pee myself with anxiety if I didn't correct it. Or if I needed to straighten something, I had to purposefully make it more crooked and walk away. I guess they call this exposure therapy. However, with some other techniques that I suppose nowadays they call CBT, I got it down to a level that is manageable. It does have its benefits when it comes to writing as I use it now to help me craft sentences when penning my books. 

Thanks for asking, I don't know how I feel today to be honest. I like this balmy weather but the heat stifles my breathing a bit, and the bright light is a little tiring on my eyes. I tend to wait until it is a bit cooler, and then try and tackle things. I am also feeling a bit weak, this is to be expected as I have had a pretty busy week, and usually after a good patch, I need a few days to recharge. One of the common traits of cerebellar stroke is regression. You sometimes feel like you're almost back to functioning normally, and then regress back to almost feeling like straight after the stroke. They don't know why this is. I assume it is the brain misifiring or making new pathways, so every time I regress, I expect a small percentage of improvement afterwards. Generally, I am in good spirits, the SRRI meds have really gotten me over the anxiety hurdle, and even if I feel like shite, I am in a positive mood about the shiteness! 

Hi I hope your OCD improves. There are coping systems that you will be taught the hard bit is to slow break the routine of the patterns that you use. People know that nothing bad will happen if you break your routine but saying that is easy and breaking it is hard. There are various book that are written about OCD and how to overcome or should I say live a more normal life. I do hope that the help you get with empower your recovery all the best des x

Yes I get that before the stroke I would be halfway to work then drive home because something wasn't right ,it may of been a different way of doing something which I couldn't do lol ...yeah somedays I feel like normal then bang it's like I'm doing silly things again and that with the OCD totally messed me up ....I think my youngest son is the same especially when he was younger but not going to focus on it ..but there's still traits there ...glad your feeling ok rups ,this weather is going to last at least the weekend which is nice .I'm glad the anxiety meds are helping that's a big plus ...I'm just going to stay positive and go with it  ..have a loverly day ..pippy..