Tia and so scared

Hi Damian, 

thank you for your very positive reply .i am so glad you have not had any more incidents . I hope I can now move on and be more hopeful. 

Take care.

Mabel

Hi 

i too suffered a TIA  about 6 weeks ago now and although it affected my speech for a very short time, a few sentences for a few minutes.I went hospital and although scans & other test were fine and clear. The consultant still treated as a TIA from that moment on I’ve been anxious  and panic at every ache or pain in my body, unfortunately I have trouble with nerve pain on my left side anyway, accompanied by headaches, reflux and have on 4 occasions called 999 only to be assured I am ok and suffering anxiety. My problem is because I suffer from anxiety it sometimes mimics a TIA in my mind. What I can say in a short time I am starting to feel better and less anxious which also seems to be the a common theme from everyone who has suffered at the hands of The Dragon as on reply said. My fears are less and it’s fuelled by the great advice you hear from others on forums like this even people who I have spoke to at work, I never realised how many people have been affected by TIA and strokes. With excellent care from the NHS and talking and reading it will get even better and one day I hope to be back to the person I once was pre TIA.  But to everyone in this forum thankyou for your care and support, it’s true that sharing  is caring. It’s helped me no end. Xx

Hi Rod

thank you for your kind and insightful reply  , that is just how I am feeling but reading all the lovely messages people have written I am starting to feel much calmer.

As you say hopefully the old me will be back soon.

take care x

Hi Mabel, I was shopping with my little grandson & his other nan (thankgoodness)  I just had a funny feeling of dizzyness in my head I thought it was vertigo again.  Stood still for a few seconds it passed and off we went again;  We got to the car and I opened the door and promptly collapsed on the seat,  I knew it was serious and was able to tell other nan to call for an ambulance,  I then started bring up bile.  Once the ambulance arrived it only took a matter of mins to the hospital then MRI and onto stroke ward for 24hrs medication. I was up until then a fit and healthy 61yr old, working full time as a TA.  The drs said I saved my own life by realising it was serious.  A year later I returned part time to my job only 10 hrs a week but I love it.  I now work with small groups.  My head is marvelous I stop when I need too and rest.

So in a way my stroke came out of the blue with no symtoms and very quickly.

Good luck with your continued recovery.  Wendy

Hi Rod  I think all us stroke survivors can relate to the anxiety that you feel,  I was the same when I had mine in 2017 I didnt want to close my eyes incase it happened again.  Every funny feeling and I thought Oh no not again.  With time passing the anxiety lessons but it is allways there in the back of your mind.  But as my doctor tells me with the medication i am on, the chances of me having another is less than someone who hasn't had a stroke.  Which makes sence.  Good luck with the recovery Wendy

Hi Wendy

ad to hear you are well and back to work . I have to stop worrying and get on with my life .

take care and thank you 

I had tia last July and am getting very breathless at times. Had tests for which I am awaiting results but am wondering if it’s ancowry. HS anyone else got this problem after a stroke

Hi there I take atorvastin, having breathing problems, beginning to wonder if it’s anxiety.

Tried taking tablets given by doctors but couldn’t cope with the side effects (bad enough coping post stroke anyway) so at the moment I try and cope day to day on my own. 

I have fatigue tiredness post stroke, but try and remain positive and hope one day to feel much better and able to do more. It is so good to talk though 

Hi - if you read through the posts on this site, you will soon see that most stroke survivors experience a level of fatigue.  They have found ways to listen to their bodies, and to rest when needed, it seems futile to fight the fatigue too much, it will become overwhelming - go with your body's rhythms, and find your own routine, once you manage this you will feel more in control.  You may want to Google "A letter from your brain", this will give you an insight into what may be happening on the inside, and help you to appreciate how important it is to rest, and to allow your brain to do the healing and re-wiring which will allow you a better quality of life in the long-term.  Take good care, and stay in touch, you will be plesantly surprised by the progress you make xx 

Hi , I have to say that my anxiety has been awful and I think I have been looking for a reason in my medication. I am trying to be more positive and stop worrying about anything else happening as I too have been told that now I am taking my tablets I have less chance than before of a stroke so must believe what I am told .

anxiety is a horrible thing and I hope you feel better very soon .

Hello Mabel,

I have been taking atorvastatin since my 2 strokes in July 17 and the only affect i have experienced is a small muscle ache in my right shoulder every now and then, otherwise nothing negative. My cholesterol is now 3.2 so something must be working. According to google, anxiety is not one of the side affects. It may help if you could join a stroke group and be able to talk directly to others in the same position as you and share how you and they are feeling. This certainly help me and I found my problems were very small compared with others.

Hope this helps

Sandie.

Hi sandie , I think you are right I would love to be unfortunately the group in my area nets in the day when I am at work. Still trying hard to be positive and thanks to all off you and you kind reply’s I hope I am getting there . Thank you 

I am so sorry Deigh I have accidentally pressed report on your message as I lent on my iPad .  I do apologise. Take care Mabel

Nobody has growled at me so far, so perhaps your slipup went unnoticed!

Back to your problem, it is staggering how different everybodies stroke can be. I know of people who didn't know anything serious had hapened and actually drove home. Mine happened while I was asleep and it wasn't till I tried  to get up to make a bathroom call and nothing worked properly, my right arm wouldn't lift me and when I worked my way around that  I found my right leg wouldn't support me. Then came the next problem of waking my wife and finding I couldn't speak. 

Deigh

Nobody has growled at me so far, so perhaps your slipup went unnoticed!

Back to your problem, it is staggering how different everybodies stroke can be. I know of people who didn't know anything serious had hapened and actually drove home. Mine happened while I was asleep and it wasn't till I tried  to get up to make a bathroom call and nothing worked properly, my right arm wouldn't lift me and when I worked my way around that  I found my right leg wouldn't support me. Then came the next problem of waking my wife and finding I couldn't speak. 

Deigh

That’s good I would hate to have caused you a problem .

you are right everyone’s stroke is different, I was hoping to hear someone had the same experience as I did but knew the reason for their stroke.its very hard not to know why it happened and therefore things to change in life but I will have to accept it has happened and move on but still finding that very difficult.

thank you again for your support

Mabel

Hi Mabel,

I am a fit 59 year old male and had a huge amount of stress hit me in December and my left side became numb and I thought it was a trapped nerve. I only found out 6 weeks ago after a brain MRI that I had a ‘Cerebral infarct’ a right hemisphere stroke. To look at me you wouldn’t know...It turns out that I also have a frozen shoulder which consistently freezes my left side, so I feel anxious to...I have been having Accupuncture for my shoulder and have been advised by my Accupuncturist to stay off the statins as there are many side affects, including anxiety...You have to live your life, enjoy it and eat healthily. I wish you well and a positive future.

Hi 

thank you for your reply ref statins ,I did wonder if they have added to my anxiety. I am sorry to hear you too have had a stroke . Mine too was in December after all the Christmas stress I think possibly, you sound very upbeat and postive I’ve I am trying hard to be too .

Best wishes