The first month

Thanks all im having regular physio still so will chat to John about the suggestions and what i can work on between sessions. In 7 sessions he’s improved things already so im very positive about further things progressing in time.

Appreciate every reply thanks a million

Andy

2 Likes

Yes good tip but sadly my left arm and hand are totally dead, I can shrug my shoulders but nothing else.

1 Like

Thank fwor a rich answer @Nigelglos
I too used a static bike & have swapped 10min sprints for 20min ambles. I have some threabands that I do hand arm exercises with while on the bike
I mostly don’t need to restrain the good arm as in CIMT as I am very focussed on overcoming learned non use. The debate perhaps is when to move a task into the ‘always right handed no matter the frustration’. Cleaning teeth is on the cusp now, writing still in the distant future and using a knife at meals this week’s new attempt.
I’m going to set up some zooms soon too be focused on this sort of peer help soon
I’ve probably forgot some of your useful suggestions while I wrote this (left handed :frowning: ! But it’ll reread
Thanx for your time to share thoughts. Very generous of you :slight_smile:

Ahh I’d forgotten the GRASP type exercises. Some in experienced you PT gave or to me as my rehab when I left hospital and I’m now at the point where it would makes sense to reexamine
Thanx for the useful advice :slight_smile:

Keep shrugging
And as Nigel said imagining (look up phantom limb pain and mirror box for inspiration on imagining

Took a year to get my arm to above my navel

Thanks Andy will check wi th the physio next week.

1 Like