The Chicken and Leek Pie Saga

Yaaay, I made 2 Rhubarb Custard Meringue Pie in the end…well I had to as one leaked out…and well…they had no rhubarb in the shops either so I used Strawberries, Mango and Blue Berry’s instead :blush:

So, zero for presentation as I don’t do fine or delicate anymore :roll_eyes: Managed to brake of some of the side on one crust :confounded: Shored it up as best I could…needless to say the custard started to leak out anyway :crazy_face:
Then I over beat the egg whites after putting the sugar in them and had to do it again :roll_eyes::confounded: Practise makes perfect :laughing:

The second one faired a lot better and went to the family fun day with us and tasted absolutely divine :yum: :yum: :yum: Thankyou very much Bobbi :blush:
We’ll have the disastrous one at home ourselves tonight…it’ll still taste good even it doesn’t look great :grin:

Going to try the Chicken & Mushroom or Leek Pie next :grin:

A huge Well Done @EmeraldEyes for making such a grand effort. The Pie filling sounds delicious I’d definitely try a slce if I had a chance.
You win the Pie Cup for effort and achievement.
:trophy: :smile: :+1:

may you make many more

Keep on keepin’ on
:pie: :cook:

1 Like

So, today i finally had chance to make the chicken & leek pie. Thanks @Bobbi

Here are some pics… …it’s not the prettiest pue you’ll see but hopefully it’ll taste ok. I’ll let you know later as we’re having it for tea :grin:

4 Likes

That filling looks delicious.
As for your pastry, don’t go saying it isn’t pretty,
Announce that it is artisan cookery and the look is intentionally rustic, baked to a golden brown and perfect in every way !

keep on keepin’ baking
:pie: :cook: :spoon:

Thank you Loraine @Loshy

Now why didn’t i think of that @Bobbi :rofl::rofl: i’ll remember that next time. :grin::grin:

2 Likes

I does look good @Mrs5K I would’t mind a slice.

Ill send one by carrier pigeon…hopefully it wont eat it before it arrives :grin::grin:

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust them pigeons with my pie
You’ll have to put a stamp on the corner of the piece and send it by royal mail.

1 Like

Taste test complete & i have to say the rustic pie was a triumph. Plenty left for tomorrow & hubby even asked when I am going to make it again. Thank you for the recipe @Bobbi

3 Likes

I know the wet slice of bread horrifies you @Mrs5K but you seriously got to grit your teeth and follow the instructions for Bobotie, you will enjoy it and so will those you share it with.
Trust me, it is an exceptional dish.

You won’t regret the ordeal in making it and you will return for more

Get the recipe for Bobotie here

Keep on keepin’ on
:spoon: :grinning: :+1:

Cherokee fry bread with some sugar little bit of water in it and salt also flour the yolk

If we gets a laptop it’s easy for us to use

1 Like

@msporshakimberly
there are lots of devices you can use to talk on here.
There is the phone, the smart phone, the tablet or pad, the laptop and the PC or desktop computer to name a few.
Some people only have one, others have a few.
What do you use? Is it your favourite?

To be honest, that has my mouth watering and I just want to tuck in.
To me that’s real food and it’s not been played with to perfection.

2 Likes

You’ll have to be quick @EmeraldEyes there’s not much left :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not sure gritting my teeth will work @Bobbi . I have a real thing about soggy bread. I might pass the recipe to hubby to make for me though :grin:

2 Likes

I prefer a laptop over pc easy

1 Like

@msporshakimberly
yes laptops are handy

@Mrs5K
If he makes it for you, you will be back for more, it is good.

Windows 20223 tablet