Tearful

i was born rettendon near southend area. lived in bungalow, until the farmer wanted it for his workers then we moved to borham airfeild as they used huts for housing after the war, the moved again to to lt waltham,village in a thatched cottage right outin the sticks,me and my sister moved to chemlsford,as we found it hard getting to work

they live in chelmsford,borham braintree and colchester, coisin lives in maldon

@tricia3 I love the picture. Have spent quite a bit of time around the Braintree area with work. There are some beautiful villages around that area. Finchingfield is one of my favourite :heart:

been there,its the pond in the middle if village, are you essex then its too hot to do anything

mynneice lives in notly garden village, my late sister lived in sible hedinham

1 Like

What a lovely cottage - so how did you end up in the West Country?

I live about 180 miles from Essex. I used to travel there a lot with work. There & Colchester. The pond in Finchingfield is beautiful. When I saw that pond I knew my journey down there was almost finished. Hated the drive down there.

i moved to london are for work ,worked in an old peoples home, then was housekeeper in moor park for the family of loyds underwriteers, there two years, i met husband at a writing weekend in tratford upon avan, thenwe got married eventualy he lived in leicestershire, when hubbyretired we retired to somerset, leaving son in west midlands

1 Like

I’m looking to move back to Essex soon - something like this makes you want to be closer to those you care about and I don’t know anyone in London it was just convenient for work :earth_africa:

what part of essex220088460_10226288549580171_1316548494872316574_n thats what they changed the cottageto

Wow that’s quite a difference isn’t it?

I’m looking at Billericay - I’d like something overlooking a pond :duck:

its great leighs little waltham as we took a five mile memory walk, my sister and i

my freinds parents live there she lives down the road from me and comes from esssex

My migraines cause Tias

Sadly so much is not on Netflix it’s amazing that they can get away with calling it a film streaming service

I don’t watch :watch: Netflix on my phone

I’ve never used my phone like the big screen to too much

I like TUBI APP its better than movies

hi feel lonely tearful, christmas on ow n til 29th its not the same without son this year as his girlfreind working and her relatives are visiting, it dont vidio chat,

1 Like

Do you want help in setting up a video chat? I’m happy to help and I know Bobby will be too he’s running some videos chats today and I will tomorrow .

If you access the forum via laptop computer or smartphone then you have everything you need to access a video chat

let one of us know if you want help

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

thanks i know how to as family do chat but they are all in essex and son in west midlands, but he don dont do that his girtlfreind might , but they are at work today as he works in aldi and she in caring, so we wont see them at christmas, hubby dont mind but i feel isolated, they are coming this way friday to stay in woolacombe and staying here one night, but qwe are trying to move that way, may be late january. we are insomerset

3 Likes