Stroke and vascular dementia

My husband (67) is now in permanent care owing to dementia following on 18 months after strokes (3). He constantly walks up and down. Does any one have experience of this? I don’t know if my visits make it worse, care home think not.

1 Like

@kyberpast hi welcome and I’m so sorry your husband has had 3 strokes and dementia now and he is in a care home. I have no experience so I cannot comment. But I send my best heart felt wishes to you and your husband, who’s had their lives together ripped apart. I’m so sorry sending you a big hug :hugs:. You must be a very strong lady bless you. Loraine

Hi @kyberpast so sorry to hear about your your husband’s strokes/dementia and the situation you find yourself in, it must be so difficult.

Sending you hugs and best wishes :hugs:

@kyberpast so sorry to hear of your husbanfs situation…tough for you both. I always used to think visiting my mother in law who had dementia made everything worse especially as she didn’t know who we were in the end. Not sure though if it did make any difference or whether it actually distressed me more.
You may find your husbands walking up and down is a dementia thing and would still happen if you didn’t visit. Life can be horrid at yes can’t it. Sending you much love and good wishes. Xx

Thank you for your kind reply. Gordon is still mentally alert some days and doesn’t want me to leave, so it is sad for both of us.