Stroke 6 weeks in

Hello Everyone,

My name is Bev.

This is my first time on here, i had a stroke on 1Dec 21, im on my 6th week, feeling a little stronger day by day.

4 Likes

Hello Bev and welcome. We are all in the same boat here. I have found it a good place to give and receive help. Living with the effects of stroke is a learning experience and as time goes by I am learning more coping strategies.

1 Like

Welcome Bev. I had a Brain Haemorrage over 2 years ago. I only joined this forum a week ago. I wish I’d joined 2 years ago. It is full of help, advice and nice sympathetic people helping each other out. My last 2 years would have been easier if I’d been a party to all the advice and help here. I am sure you will find this site a great source of comfort knowing you are not isolated and alone. Good health and best wishes to you on your recovery.

1 Like

Thankyou so much for the welcome :grinning:

Thankyou good to know.

Thankyou too, im sure this will be a learning curve but looking forward to it.

Wish you well on your recovery too.

Thankyou Lorraine,

Its been a tough few weeks as you will all know so well.
Baby steps i keep telling myself.

All the best

1 Like

@ajharflett your right that it’s a great place to recieve & vice advice but 2yrs ago there wasn’t the members.
Different strokes on Facebook is also a good network

Welcome @kermit69
At 6wks is early days. Things may change which will generally be for the good but don’t be disheartened if there are some hiccups on the journey :slight_smile:

@kermit69 welcome to our friendly group. You are very early into your stroke recovery yet but good to hear you are getting stronger each day.
Wishing you lots of luck with your recovery journey.

Ann x

Ann,

Thankyou for your kind words, i know it really early days, i know there is good and bad days too, but glad to be on this group.

:slight_smile: :smile:

1 Like

Welcome Bev @kermit69, Good to hear you are getting stronger day by day, keep doing what you’re doing and rest lots. Take care Nat

Thankyou for your kind words.

Sunnyday,

Thankyou for your kind words, im still working through some of these amazing stories, feel after only joining that im not on my own.

:blush:

Welcome @kermit69 , I’m sure you will get lots of help and reassurance now you have joined our band of merry men (& women).
Good luck with your recovery. I hope it goes smoothly.

Thankyou & you too :relaxed: