Strange phone call

Hi all I’m sorry if this is in wrong section I received last week a text message to contact my doctors I called and was told that the queen elizabeth hospital in Glasgow wanted to speak to me regarding the new clot busting drug I was given after my stroke in March I called the lady back today and to say the conversation was strange is an under statement the entire conversation was about my mobility ability and my ability to make a meal and how I was getting on in the shower and the toilet when I came off the phone I just thought was that a pip assessment any advice on what I could do I’m a little worried I have physio to morrow and was going to ask her if she has had a request for information I did think about calling back and asking to speak to the drug trial supervisor as I could not see what any of her questions had to do with the clot busting drug any advice greatfully received if you think I’m being paranoid just say you won’t hurt my feelings

I have never met them

Do they not have to tell you they are gathering information

Yes a trial I had to sign consent forms at thenhospital

I understand yes it was the questions I thought were a bit strange can I make a meal or go to the toilet on my own I just couldn’t reconcile what the connection was with a clot busting drug

I haven’t called them yet I thought if they refuse me there conduct may be useful in any appeal

@Briansmith1962 I don’t know but wonder if they are just trying to find out how successful the clot busting drug has been. Has it given you your abilities back quicker than you might otherwise have done if you hadn’t had the drug?
It does sound like it fits into PIP questions but when I had my PIP assessment this morning they asked me at the start if I knew the purpose of the call. You would also have prior notification of a PIP assessment call.
If you’re concerned I would call them back & ask them some questions to confirm what it was all about.