Staying warm

Any ides on staying warm I’m only one in house till 4 when heating comes on, it’s on in morning while I shower every other day, and flannel next day thinking electric blanket while sitting watching tv, hate the cold

2 Likes

I have portable oil filled radiators so I can just heat the room I am in. At the moment I am only using gas central heating early and late when I am dressing/undressing etc. Electric price didn’t go up as much as gas and my government energy grant goes on to my electricity smart meter.

1 Like

@Mickyboy i try & keep moving if I can as it takes mind off feeling cold.

But if you’re sitting down then a blanket, hot water bottle, extra layers, thick socks, fluffy slippers. @Loshy & @sunnyday have mentioned some good ideas too.

1 Like

Sainsburys sell a lovely fleecy dressing gown with a hood.

3 Likes

@Mickyboy I was watching this week’s Martin Lewis Show and they were discussing this under “Heat the person not the home”. They suggested lots of useful ideas that cost pence to run and not much to purchase e.g. heated gloves, heated foot warmers, heated gilet, Warmie bean bags to microwave, hot water blanket under a sleeping bag. They also said (if you are able to get out) that there are lots of Warm Banks like libraries being set up where you can go to get warm. Hope that helps. Marie

2 Likes

We have learnt to heat the room we use we have a small plugin electricity heater one for each room it’s costs about eight pence a hour so five hours that 40 pence it keepthe room warm and in shops there are about £15 each with kind regards des

2 Likes

Thanks des what are they called and can I get from Amazon