Speech and language

Hi my partner Jason (age 48) had a stroke 4 months ago hes doing well atm and I can relate to alot of your stories,  alot of stroke survivors are diagnosed with aphasia after but Jason has been told he has apraxia? Is anyone else been diagnosed with apraxia and how are you coping were finding it very hard to break through with not much information on this x

This link may help

https://www.stroke.org.uk/effects-of-stroke/communication-problems

Hi my husband had a significant stroke in his speech and language area April 2018.  He has aphasia and apraxia of speech.  I was told that it's the muscles in the face that are disconnected, don't function correctly.  He also has aphasia which for him makes it very difficult to get the words out.  He knows what he wants to say but can't form the words.  It's heartbreaking to watch.   He's had speech therapy at the hospital.  He practices every day with an app recommended by the SALT team which has been really useful.  It's very slow and baby steps.  

I hope this helps, hang in there and if you need any more just ask

good luck

Hi can I ask what app the salt team recommended?

Hi it's called Tactus therapy 4 in 1 it's made up of reading writing, comprehension and naming.  Steve has been using it since soon after his stroke so about 14 months.  We find it very good.  Have a look  and see what you think.  I think it was about £50.  

Good luck 

I have Aphasia & right sided paralysis ......never give up. This week I could actually talk...not good have you.

It has been a little over a year, I just woke up and I can speak.....It comes and go’s the late it gets